Affordable bee suit

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think you get what you pay for. My NBS suit is still going strong after 5 years, washes well and only a bit of wear on the hive pocket so far. I also bought a Swienty Breeze last year when it was roasting hot but I am selling it as i'm tall-ish but slim (on the small side of a size 12) and it's all too bulky round my skinny wrists so the gloves won't stay on properly and there is too much material round my legs & ankles. Annoying as i've only worn it once. so went back to my NBS suit with minimal clothes underneath (ooer!)
I am thinking of getting another suit though as with inspections and swarm calls, my suit is spending more time in the wash than on me!

I prefer a jacket and thick jeans to a suit. However, this morning I found myself sharing the hood with two bees. Fortunately they came from a very calm colony and allowed me to take my jacket off without stinging me.

I suspect they came in from the hem. The jacket has a drawstring but this never seems to tighten up sufficiently. There are always potential gaps. The cuffs are Velcro, giving a terrific seal and easily released when I move away.

Does anyone do Velcro tighteners for jackets? I have there on a biking jacket and they provide a terrific seal. I might speak to my local alteration tailor about this.

Back