Beehive Barrow

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks good Millet, what is that wood going down to the floor near the wheel?

Looks good Millet, what is that wood going down to the floor near the wheel?
It is just a piece of wood to tidy it up as i used three pieces of cls timber to get the platform level correct when lifted, it will come in handy for many jobs but beehive wise i usually have to do 3/4 trips carrying spare equipment to and from the hives, with this i can do it in one go thus saving time.

I need something to be honest! Most likely use all terrain sack truck slightly converted to accommodate a beehive. I have got a to do list, which is basically a full note pad lol

I carry up to 4 boxes. When moving colonies I " drive" max 2.

Attachments

• vroom vroom.jpg
    vroom vroom.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 125
I use a fishing barrow. They have a good flat load area and they fold flat so that you can transport them easy. Most will carry around 100KG so more then any one is ever going to need.

I use a fishing barrow. They have a good flat load area and they fold flat so that you can transport them easy. Most will carry around 100KG so more then any one is ever going to need.

Nice. Better than what I have. I didn't saw near such barrows ( away from the sea and great rivers, more hills). We just took abandoned old common wheelbarrow from construction work and remove upper part. We placed platform to fit 2 boxes. It is away from perfect, but working and investment was small..

Nice. Better than what I have. I didn't saw near such barrows ( away from the sea and great rivers, more hills). We just took abandoned old common wheelbarrow from construction work and remove upper part. We placed platform to fit 2 boxes. It is away from perfect, but working and investment was small..

Them modified wheel barrows are handy for lots of things, i do have a carp fishing trolley but when i use it across muddy farm fields and the way the tread is on the tyres the mud sticks to them terrible making it really difficult to pull, wheel barrows have different tread (well mine do) and the mud does not stick as bad.

I finished work early yesterday so i knocked this up out of a old wheel barrow frame and a pallet, when lifted the bed will be level which will make life easier for me in the future.

Could you give us an idea of dimensions and a pic or sketch so we can see the bottom part and how it attaches, please?

Could you give us an idea of dimensions and a pic or sketch so we can see the bottom part and how it attaches, please?

Most certainly Floyd, the internal measurements are 23in x 21.5 in you can make it any size you want though, i did want it square but that is how it worked out for wood efficiency (least wastage) .
I drilled and bolted one piece of CLS timber to the front frame and then screwed another two pieces on top of the bolted bit to get the correct level when lifted , for the back, one piece of pallet timber drilled and bolted once is strong enough, once you have worked out how too get it square (i eyed it in with the tyre tread) start screwing your preferred lumber to the base you have prepared, it is not hard and does not take long if you have the correct tools and materials at hand, here is a few more pictures for you, hope they help and if you do want to make one and struggle with DIY just fire away with any questions and i will help if i can.
Cheers
Steve.

Attachments

• IMG_3428.JPG
    IMG_3428.JPG
    342.7 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_3429.JPG
    IMG_3429.JPG
    260.7 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_3431.JPG
    IMG_3431.JPG
    255.3 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
Most certainly Floyd, the internal measurements are 23in x 21.5 in you can make it any size you want though, i did want it square but that is how it worked out for wood efficiency (least wastage) .
I drilled and bolted one piece of CLS timber to the front frame and then screwed another two pieces on top of the bolted bit to get the correct level when lifted , for the back, one piece of pallet timber drilled and bolted once is strong enough, once you have worked out how too get it square (i eyed it in with the tyre tread) start screwing your preferred lumber to the base you have prepared, it is not hard and does not take long if you have the correct tools and materials at hand, here is a few more pictures for you, hope they help and if you do want to make one and struggle with DIY just fire away with any questions and i will help if i can.
Cheers
Steve.
Thank you very much looks good.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

I finished work early yesterday so i knocked this up out of a old wheel barrow frame and a pallet, when lifted the bed will be level which will make life easier for me in the future.

Just wondering have you got your l plates for that

Latest posts

Back