Dead Queen urgently wanted please

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poly Hive

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
12 and 18 Nucs
Background.

Kelso High School are to relocate soon and as part of the beekeeping initiative going on with in the school they are going to "swarm" as part of the move from the old building to the new one.

The swarm will comprise the whole school moving en masse holding bees.

They are having a solid gold queen made as part of all of this and are urgently seeking a fresh dead one in good condition to use as a mould.

So... if you can help pm me and I will give my address for it to be sent to.

Many thanks in advance for helping with a very well worth while project and yes the school has hives and currently 20 pupils in the bee club.

PH

Background.

Kelso High School are to relocate soon and as part of the beekeeping initiative going on with in the school they are going to "swarm" as part of the move from the old building to the new one.

They are having a solid gold queen made as part of all of this and are urgently seeking a fresh dead one in good condition to use as a mould.

Many thanks in advance for helping with a very well worth while project and yes the school has hives and currently 20 pupils in the bee club.

PH

Use your Greek Amm queen....

Dead?!

They've made hundreds of casts of Antony Gormley and he's still alive. ;)

Background.

PH

Could you pm me the contact details of the person in charge of this club? - I would be interested in comparing notes on their bee club.

Good god. MyGreek Amm q is required for DNA testing so no I cannot use her.

It is a simple request for a freshly dead non squashed queen people.

KISS

PH

Will keep my eye out - good luck !

Background.

PH

I squished them because, without a numbered disk, I couldn't be sure of the ancestry

As you may well know i did not give a flying fook about Ancestry at the time i was desperate, luckily one person and one person alone helped me and i will be forever in his debt, which will be repaid ten fold.

Many thanks to everyone and there are more than enough currently in the post and the teacher involved Ray has asked for his sincere thanks to be passed on.

Thank you all.

PH

Back