TV Programme

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

busybee53

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
Number of Hives
none now
There seems to be a new TV programme/series about transporting difficult and unusual loads. The advert showed someone in a bee suit so I guess it includes moving bees.

Unfortunately I did not catch the name of the programme or the channel or time it will be on. Does any one know?

It is too cold to open up real bees TV ones will have to do for now.

which channel did you see the advert on?

Don't know about anyone else, but I couldn't make this up ...
Shipping Wars UK is on TV this week ...

Channel 4 4:00pm Mon 2 Feb

Season 1 Episode 1 of
New series. Six transporters compete to deliver goods, with the driver making the most profit and the best feedback crowned `Transporter of the Week.' In the first episode, Stu and Jemma move three sports cars from East Sussex to a charity event in London, while father-and-son duo Raymond and Grant get to grips with their load of 300,000 live bees worth £1350, which need to be relocated from Essex to King's Lynn
And it does indeed look as though 'tvguide' have no idea how many episodes might get squeezed out of this slim idea. Maybe 3? (6/2)

Don't know about anyone else, but I couldn't make this up ...
And it does indeed look as though 'tvguide' have no idea how many episodes might get squeezed out of this slim idea. Maybe 3? (6/2)

Ch4 have commissioned a 20 episode series and the original US programme has just broadcast it's 7th series!

Bill.

"Raymond and Grant get to grips with their load of 300,000 live bees worth £1350, which need to be relocated from Essex to King's Lynn "

May be a delivery for the Davies brothers!!! The bees were not for me.

Sorry Pete and Jed :hurray:

Mike

Last edited:
"Raymond and Grant get to grips with their load of 300,000 live bees worth £1350, which need to be relocated from Essex to King's Lynn "
:

Mike

300 000 bees is only 5-10 hives.

One langstroth box has about 40 000 bees.

Yes, I got 4 hives in my Kia last year.. should have rung the BBC... but they are so slow to pay their invoices, so maybe not!!

Yes, I got 4 hives in my Kia last year.. should have rung the BBC... but they are so slow to pay their invoices, so maybe not!!
Channel 4 = independent production company, could be even slower.

May be a delivery for the Davies brothers!!! The bees were not for me.

Sorry Pete and Jed :hurray:

Mike

Not a chance Mike, if we were buying in bees from a far which we certainly wouldn't be, then we would be checking them before moving them ourselves, without the drama.

I will be moving some to Kent in a few weeks though...........

I think you may have missed a trick, Pete D....
Raymond and Grant could have done a return load, at a reduced price !!!!!
And you could have been on TV....not worthy

In fact , thinking further into it , we could of saved "Raymond and Grant "
a trip.. And just supplied the Bees ourselves..

Although it's always nice to mix the Gene pool " Essex Boys & Norfolk Girls ":spy:

I had a couple girls chase me today,and all I was doing, was covering them in netting before Woody woodpecker goes looking for a easy meal..

Anyway , now we've had all this chat about another low budget program on TV... I'll be watching , just to see where they go in Kings Lynn...

itma: Yes that's the one, thanks. Sort of Ice Road Truckers without the ice. Might not be worth a series link tho. Will watch anyway.

Quick reminder for everyone, today is the day..... 1600 is the start time.
We can all watch to see how the professionals move bees...

I've just turned this on and arrived in the middle of the bees bit so I'll watch it on +1
William? Up to his old tricks again?
Pity the poor sods who get .... or rather don't get.... his bees.

I've just turned this on and arrived in the middle of the bees bit so I'll watch it on +1
William? Up to his old tricks again?
Pity the poor sods who get .... or rather don't get.... his bees.

I'm going to miss the rest as I'm off to work ... it's all in bits all over the programme - right load of tripe - not missing anything !!

I'm in work, let me know if it's worth watching

No it's not.

You have to watch tomorrows to know what happens.
So far there has been some fancy cars, some posters, and a look at the bees briefly.

They bid £100 to do the job and it's 70 miles from A to B, and will be further back home to them. They did a job for £45 taking circus posters on the way.
They now need an overnight stay costing £89 so they're there in the morning.

A bizarre program indeed!

Latest posts

Back