The taste of Honey

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

malgreen

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
For novices like me bee keeping is initially expensive and left me wondering if the outlay was really worth it. However on removing a small amount of comb attached to the top of the frame and crown board I took it home where I was amazed the amount of honey that came from just a very small amount of comb. So today I spread some of the honey on toast and well it was so lovely. The money I had spent was soon forgotten about as I got my 1st taste of the dark rich honey that tasted a bit like an old school toffee apple. Haven't a clue where my bees have been foraging but left me wondering what plants they had been visiting to produce such a wonderful taste here on the south east edge of Dartmoor.

Rich brown honey is indicative of sycamore. You will never tire of the different colours, textures and tastes. Remember to keep one jar from every harvest, name it and put the year on. Never open it. Use it to compare crop to crop, year to year. The one thing I regret is not doing that over the past 40 years. Even over the last seven the differences are amazing
Enjoy your toast, honey and your bees
E

Back