'Olive' suit

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dadnlad

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
A few and some more
I need a new suit for my lad as the veil zip has given out on his old one and no replacements in child sizes :hairpull:

He is now 13 with a typical Harry Enfield 'Kevin' attitude, but willing to keep helping as long as his new suit isnt boring white. I won't shell out for a Sheriff/BBwear coloured one until there's no danger of him growing out of it 5 minutes later

Simonthebeek do 'olive' suits which are apparently acceptable if the colour is green or brown - their site pics look unacceptably 'mustard' - has anyone got one or have any experience of what colour they really are please ?

Hi, yes I got one delivered this week £28.95 I think off eBay quality seems good, size I took off his chart fits perfect. Colour is as on the picture described as olive but I would say more brownish (or very dark mustard if you like)
I'm happy anyway Wingy

Sorry but the quality is terrible, I can understand saving but I wouldn't buy one! My friend got my partner one in pink as a joke for her birthday, the hood zip doesn't totally seal so leaves small gap, you could diy something, Velcro maybe? The material is very light, is this good or bad, I don't know? The hold zipper is my main dislike though, it's not great in my opinion.

I use a khaki / olive ex army overall. Bought on eBay. Velcro fasteners. Of course you need a seperate hood and veil, but it is solid, cheap, washable and I like the velcro - no more popping zips.

Google cornishhoney aka Heather Bell Honey Bees. Started out with a jacket from them and beeproof if a little warm.

Buy a pure cotton white one and a tin of dye and bung it in the washing machine :D

I have an olive one. I like the colour but I can't vouch for its longevity as it's new this year. The sizes are pretty accurate and it's comfy and very good value imo.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

'Google cornishhoney aka Heather Bell Honey Bees. Started out with a jacket from them and beeproof if a little warm"

Had a terrible suit from them, the hood didn't last one wash (even though it was washed separately in a tightly knotted pillowcase). The customer service was terrible....no, the guy was rude. Refused to give me another hood or my money back. Will NEVER recommend them or buy anything form them again.

Last edited:
Ignoring my last post, by chance i have two olive coloured top half suits, they where made in Pakistan i believe, i have had them three years one is worn more than the other smaller sized one but they still do the job, they have been washed flung here and there and even had the pooch stood on them and they stlll work around 30 quid i payed for each one, i can dig a link out if need be.

I won't shell out for a Sheriff

Cheap suits are false economy... the Sherriff suits have mesh that lasts and they replace zips FOC.
Nothing I have owned compares!

Nos da

Bought 7 olive bee suit from SImonthebeekeeper for our teaching apiary. I got the light weight ones. Fit is good, zips work as they are supposed to and they do the job for under £30.
Been in use for 3 months and no complaints

Thanks all, have ordered one

I have no problem with the quality of Sheriffs suits, just no point if he'll be too big for it in a year

If the olive turns out to be mustard, I'll buy some black dye and see how he gets on in a ninja suit !

I won't shell out for a Sheriff

Cheap suits are false economy... the Sherriff suits have mesh that lasts and they replace zips FOC.

My Sherriff suit is nice, but the veil front has disintegrated. Yes, they'll replace the front mesh, but at almost £50 it's steep IMO for a repair.

My Sherriff suit is nice, but the veil front has disintegrated. Yes, they'll replace the front mesh, but at almost £50 it's steep IMO for a repair.

Thanks for that comment, I was considering buying one for the supposedly clear view veil, but if they disintegrate and are costly to repair there would be no point.

Thanks for that comment, I was considering buying one for the supposedly clear view veil, but if they disintegrate and are costly to repair there would be no point.

My Sherriff veil is in pristine condition, but has always been hand washed and never been in the washing machine or tumble drier. It's 11 years old and is used several times a weak during the season.

Latest posts

Back