New beekeeper looking for advice on transporting bees....

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also make sure they have ventilation. An open mesh floor sat on a soft surface which conforms around it does not count. Have it on a hard surface. If they're on solid floors then you need some sort of mesh over the top box instead of a cover board and lid.
This is essential advice.

A couple of pieces of angle steel or wood placed vertically up opposite corners with a ratchet strap around the hive and another under/over keeps them together well.
I remember doing it but can't remember when & where! 🤔

Let's hope our new beekeeper, with two WBC hives, to move leaves it a few years before he does it your way Mike !! :)
Yeah, I know. Just trying to put out there that when done right, it really doesn't have to be so stressful.

Yeah, I know. Just trying to put out there that when done right, it really doesn't have to be so stressful.
It's surprising what you can get away with when you have year or fifty under your belt, nice bees, well thought out kit and well organised transport ..

I thought I was being clever in year two, stumbled and dropped a poly brood box full of bees that I hadn't strapped up ... not an experience I care to repeat !!

Latest posts

Back