My bees must be doing it wrong...

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A beekeeper visiting to “encourage“ them to move on.
”Move along now, nothing to see here….

Once again the media prove their ignorance.

Is that a picture of the actual nest or an Asian Hornet nest they’ve knobbled from elsewhere?

Last edited:
Is that a picture of the actual nest or an Asian Hornet nest they’ve knobbled from elsewhere?

The name of the image file is "The-huge-hornet-nest-in-Tetbury.jpg" and searching for "tetbury huge hornet nest" brings up references to an Asian Hornet nest in Tetbury from October 2016 with the same image, so I'd guess someone just found that and thought "it'll do" and stuck it at the top of the article.

James

How did you do that?

Right click on the image and opened it in a new tab, then looked at the URL for that tab. Works for me in Firefox and Chrome on Linux. I assume something fairly similar must be possible in Windows and MacOS, but I've no idea about doing it on a phone or tablet.

James

How did you do that?
Right click on the image then 'save as' and you will be able to save the file with it's originally saved name ... they didn't even have the sense to give it an anonymised name ... I assume it's not copyright material.

@James SNAP !

The name of the image file is "The-huge-hornet-nest-in-Tetbury.jpg" and searching for "tetbury huge hornet nest" brings up references to an Asian Hornet nest in Tetbury from October 2016 with the same image, so I'd guess someone just found that and thought "it'll do" and stuck it at the top of the article.

James
AI chatbot article ?
I was reading an article on football for some reason and the same phrase 'as per' was used about a dozen times.
Watched an episode of Southpark about AI chatbots.
It's out there right now.......'as per'

Right click on the image and opened it in a new tab, then looked at the URL for that tab. Works for me in Firefox and Chrome on Linux. I assume something fairly similar must be possible in Windows and MacOS, but I've no idea about doing it on a phone or tablet.

James

in edge if you then right click the image you've opened in the new tab, one of the options is "search the web for image" this will then bring up lots of similar or the same images, often with different titles. This can then be useful if someone has edited the image, you can find out what the original looked like.

Back