Giving away honey and label requirements

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SS_Smith

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
I’ve found loads of information about labeling requirements for selling honey but none of them mention if there are any requirements for simply giving it away. I have no concerns about giving it away to family and close friends without labels but I’m going to give some away at work (small office 8 folk). I can’t just give it to a few and know that there is (as always) someone who likes to make mountains from molehills and cause problems for people.

Are there any requirements for me to label honey if I’m just leaving it on the work kitchenette counter and letting folk talk some if they wish?

If you are giving it away...non that I know of. If selling from market stalls, just weight. Lettering heights etc come into play if supplying a distributor. I err to side of caution and sell with correct labeling from gate and market. It looks better and more professional, although not required.

I’ve found loads of information about labeling requirements for selling honey but none of them mention if there are any requirements for simply giving it away. I have no concerns about giving it away to family and close friends without labels but I’m going to give some away at work (small office 8 folk). I can’t just give it to a few and know that there is (as always) someone who likes to make mountains from molehills and cause problems for people.

Are there any requirements for me to label honey if I’m just leaving it on the work kitchenette counter and letting folk talk some if they wish?

know that there is (as always) someone who likes to make mountains from molehills and cause problems for people.
:hairpull::hairpull::hairpull:
Make sure your insurance ( Product and public liability) is up to date and covers you for what you want to do!!

Just that... the insurance companies seem to employ staff that are experts in ways to always wriggle out in the small print... or offer "Free " advice... that can put future premiums up!!!!

Yeghes da

If I am not wrong giving away something for free, then there is no consideration thus no contract.

Latest posts

Back