Fondant - very easy to make!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Blimey ... that's a few bob. We are still using a Kenwood Food Processor bought for us as a wedding present in 1972 ! Still going strong. Like this one. Will still reduce granulated to icing sugar - bnt sure it would do 39Kg though !
It will reduce the hardest nuts to powder in no time.

It will reduce the hardest nuts to powder in no time.
At that price it woud certainly squeeze mine !

We have a Kitchenaid Mixer with loads of attachments ... about 5 years old and that's a lovely bit of kit (I had to buy it as 'Er indoors' refused to use the 1968 vintage Kenwood Chef mixer which has nothing wrong with it but she complained it sounds like a cement mixer and the blue and white does not match the kitchen decor ... near gounds for divorce so I succumbed ! - I stll have it though ....)

I’ve sold ( recommended) a few to people who rely on tube feeding and don’t want to exist on the awful meal replacement drinks the NHS supplies.
I should be on commission

At that price it woud certainly squeeze mine !

We have a Kitchenaid Mixer with loads of attachments ... about 5 years old and that's a lovely bit of kit (I had to buy it as 'Er indoors' refused to use the 1968 vintage Kenwood Chef mixer which has nothing wrong with it but she complained it sounds like a cement mixer and the blue and white does not match the kitchen decor ... near gounds for divorce so I succumbed ! - I stll have it though ....)

To be fair, they do sound like a cement mixer, and one with failed bearings at that. I assume it's down to the design of the gearing.

Ours isn't as old as yours, but I did recently replace the motor and the motor controller board, which was a damn sight cheaper than buying a new mixer. That made it a little quieter, but it's still loud. The new controller board is also electronic, rather than relying on the speed controller moving the board up and down to control the speed.

James

To be fair, they do sound like a cement mixer, and one with failed bearings at that. I assume it's down to the design of the gearing.

Ours isn't as old as yours, but I did recently replace the motor and the motor controller board, which was a damn sight cheaper than buying a new mixer. That made it a little quieter, but it's still loud. The new controller board is also electronic, rather than relying on the speed controller moving the board up and down to control the speed.

James
Yes, I put some new gearings in mine it made little difference to the noise ! I've replaced the capacitors and resistors (regular failure) and various other minor bits over the years although they were built to last and I'm reluctant to get rid of it - but the Kitchenaid is just such a different animal that I fear it may have to go as it's just taking up cupboard space. I think ours is a an A710A - made from about 1963 until the early 70's.

We use " sugar mill" which grind 100-150kg of sugar per hour, consistency of sugar as dust afterward ( 4-5 microns if I recall right). Which later nicely mixed with inverted syrup. Can't miss, excellent fondants..

Latest posts

Back