First snow of the season

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope folk leave the poor chap alone. Didn’t one have to be put down as it got too stressed by onlookers ?

Yes, back over the summer in Norway I think. As far as I recall in the end they decided it was pretty much impossible to move the walrus back out to sea and inshore the risk to people (who were getting far too close for their own safety) was too great. Utterly ridiculous that the animal should suffer the consequences of the inability of some humans to have a care for their own well-being.

James

It's a bit of a culture shock down here in the Costa del Fareham.. barely crept much above a couple of degrees since Saturday ... despite being covered in horticultural fleece I think its done for my broad beans as they are looking very sorry for themselves. They may survive and sometimes, even when they are decimated by frost they will regrow from the lower portions .. heating the house is costing a fortune so I hope it does come back up next week.
I looked at the outside thermometer at 07.30 this morning. It's a brisk minus 6 degrees Celsius. If it gets much colder I'll be getting my top coat out.

I looked at the outside thermometer at 07.30 this morning. It's a brisk minus 6 degrees Celsius. If it gets much colder I'll be getting my top coat out.
Wimp!
-7C here.. Was out in my shorts doing yoga in the garden.. In my dreams.

Latest posts

Back