Creamer to be careful with

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poly Hive

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
12 and 18 Nucs
I am adjusting to a smaller scale of working and bought a creamer paddle. Nothing was said about potential issues and on receiving it I did the obvious which was to check for sharp bits as I was using a plastic bucket.

So I made some seed honey and scaled up to three buckets of some 90 pounds. I was making a large batch up as I am having a hand op tomorrow and this kind of work is going to be impossible for the next few weeks, so no pressure as I had a week in hand so to speak.

I warmed some slightly and began to jar when to my horror a white bit slid out the honey gate. Obviously, I stopped and looked and there were bits of plastic right through the bucket and the next one and the last one. ****! So it all had to be put back through the filters and done again from scratch. I have had a full refund but I have lost a great deal of time and spent on electricity and so on.

I would think there would be no issues with a stainless tank but this is a heads up to others using plastic containers.

PHPaddle creamer.png

I am adjusting to a smaller scale of working and bought a creamer paddle. Nothing was said about potential issues and on receiving it I did the obvious which was to check for sharp bits as I was using a plastic bucket.

So I made some seed honey and scaled up to three buckets of some 90 pounds. I was making a large batch up as I am having a hand op tomorrow and this kind of work is going to be impossible for the next few weeks, so no pressure as I had a week in hand so to speak.

I warmed some slightly and began to jar when to my horror a white bit slid out the honey gate. Obviously, I stopped and looked and there were bits of plastic right through the bucket and the next one and the last one. ****! So it all had to be put back through the filters and done again from scratch. I have had a full refund but I have lost a great deal of time and spent on electricity and so on.

I would think there would be no issues with a stainless tank but this is a heads up to others using plastic containers.

PHView attachment 28531
Good tip thanks, so easily done and thank goodness you noticed!
P.S. hope all goes well with your hand
E

Latest posts

Back