Advice on extractor please --- Follow LINK

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have 4 hives and am in the process of selling my 4 frame extractor because it is just too slow. 9 frame radial would be my starting point.
I ended up buying a second hand 12 frame electric one, more than I really needed but makes extracting so much simpler.

Saf was the make of my first extractor had no problem with it.

Last edited:
I have that exact one from the link.

No problems at all with it. Solid build, not tacky.

Now i have 12 hives i am considering a larger extractor as it can be time consuming.

I have three colonies, dont realy want to go above this.

My suggestion would be to go the extra £100 for a T's 9 frame radial with plastic barrel (and stand).
Holds more than twice as many frames in each load, and being radial rather than tangential there should be 1/3 of the spinning and (re)loading for each load.
So, 6x easier for 40% more cost? I'd go the extra mile unless I was aiming for heather or extracting brood frames (which adds another £100 for screens - next year?) and in a couple of years you could stick a motor on it and satisfy your extractor needs for many years to come.

However, if you were to resell the stainless 4 frame tangential in a year or two, you shouldn't lose all that much - or was Waverider open to offers at this point?

I think you should strongly consider 'itma' advice. Unless you enjoy extracting for hours on end.

Back