A Few Shots From Today.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Co / Durham / Co Cleveland and Northumberland
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
17 nucs....
The weather has been rubbish for the past six days heavy rain wind and thunder so i have not been able to do much bee wise apart from Tuesday when i released a new Queen from her cage under a brolly lol.
Anyway yesterday and today has been glorious and all that rain we have had which may have knocked my little darlings back a bit is starting to pay of now (i hope) not so much for honey production this year but for winter build up.

The new Queen is still alive and kicking but the Nuc was dangerously low on stores so i put a full super frame of honey in for them to work on.

The angry laying worker colony has calmed down for now strange but true, however the test frame i put in has a open Queen cell that was sealed last week so hopefully she gets mated safely.

Here is a few pictures i took today they have around 1/4 acre of Clover on there door step and around 15 acres of wild thistles to play about on so hopefully all that rain has got the nectar flowing and the Rosebay Willow Herb is blooming also.

Here you go anyway. (Pics)

Clover
IMG_2102_zpsfgkbqebs.jpg

IMG_2128_zpsxbbdjfj0.jpg

IMG_2124_zpsihzmgmci.jpg

Miles of Thistles nearly two full fields like this, the folk who own the land are vegan and do not like killing anything that is why it is left to go wild, they do cut the lawn though.. lol .

IMG_2103_zpslxkccaow.jpg

IMG_2112_zpsuvzpvmxv.jpg

I left my lawn looking like your paddock full of clover last week. Its been quite dry here last 2 weeks and white Clover is definitely going over bees moving onto the purple. Wish I had handy thistles like that nearby.

running out of supers last went on a hive today so rhombus escapes on today looking at 2.5 supers to harvest and spin tomorrow.

I left my lawn looking like your paddock full of clover last week. Its been quite dry here last 2 weeks and white Clover is definitely going over bees moving onto the purple. Wish I had handy thistles like that nearby.

running out of supers last went on a hive today so rhombus escapes on today looking at 2.5 supers to harvest and spin tomorrow.

That is not mine but i wish it was as they would be more than clover on it..lol

And another. Quite a few bees on the Birdsfoot Trefoil

Attachments

• IMG_0065.jpg
    IMG_0065.jpg
    197.8 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0061.JPG
    IMG_0061.JPG
    338.9 KB · Views: 9
Trefoil is overtaking the clover here.
Extracted 2.5 supers today whilst cooking Sunday Roast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

860d8fbcf98cbb580c7b4abf516470a3.jpg
771648e25749328a9e1f1251bd808445.jpg
523e65e7b159161049fbb11412ab73ac.jpg

Too windy for the proper camera but the clover seems past it's best so bees have moved on to the lavender and buddleia with force.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Latest posts

Back