FeedBee

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hivemaker,

I think you nailed it in several! But yes, possibly cheap ingredients and high price along with marketing hype. There will be a lot more on this forum who will avoid that brand from now onwards.

I noticed a definite change in tone, from before and after Finman's interjection.

It is possibly feedstock for another line used up for bees. Changed, blended, bagged up in small lots. Not saying this is the case but it could be so, if the provenance is shrouded in secrecy. You get what you pay for is what I generally find.

Recent example is my quest to try poly. I have simply crossed off one supplier from my list because some persistent research has indicated lower quality than required and a dodgy car salesman type attitude to previous problems (you know, the 'never seen that before' or 'you are the only one ever to have complained' syndrome when something is wrong. The truth will prevail if you dig long and hard enough. They can't divide and rule forever, unless you let them get away with it.

Has anyone asked them to document the evidence for their claims? I doubt it. Does it exist? I know not, but would certainly try to find out. It may be there or it may just be marketing hype.

I am prepared to share my evidence, BTW, no names, no pack drill. You make up your own mind, but all I am saying is that was my decision on what I uncovered.

Regards, RAB

What I suppose about pollen patty business, irradiated pollen is the risky business.

Irradatitade pollen in China is 3-4 euros/kg. Resold it is 12 euros.

Risky is

- is it really all irradiated
- if some doses have living AFB spores what is the sellers responsibilIty if beekeepers say that they got AFB from patty stuff.

That is why sellers want to put pollen into patty - at least I BELIEVE

there are delivering of pollen in Spain but perhaps the stuff comes from Asia.

If you do not put real pollen 20-30% into patty, it has problem, how much bees want to consume the stuff.

I have 20 years experience in spring feeding and 6 years experience in feeding soya and yeast.

My experience is too that what ever I tell to beekeepers, they do not understand what is bee nutrition and they prefer some humbug recipes better than some painfull stuff.

Patty feeding is not easy at all. It took me long time to find out how it works.

there are too "ethic" queation in patty feeding. Some think that GM plants are danderous and unethic and most of worlds soya yield is GM.

Yeast to beehives ----PPPPPPPPPPPRRRR

All from China is dangerous-----

So forget patty and tell it to others too!

It appears that Hedgerow Pete made most of his yeast in his own kitchen. The kids, dog and wife were briefly thinking of sending him to China. Leastwise the language couldn't be understood, but the message was plain. :)

<<Fiction of course, but all in the aid of a good story>> :grouphug:

I looked at buying some a few weeks ago but could not find out anything about the ingredients so gave it a miss.

What ever patty you do, it must have 50% sugar. That stops fermenting, molding and bacterium growt.

Life teaches hard way . I has happened to me too.

What it teaches --- at least to clean the kitchen

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back