Swallows nests destroyed

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What I meant is that you dont have to exchange details...but must tell police within ???

It is not against the law to not report a crime.
Not quite what I said.

Last edited:
Its always a good idea to tread carefully with the police ......

Is that because most of them were bullied at school?

Sorry but my dealings with the police has given me the general impression that they are happy to go for a quick buck, on the spot fine but will come up with all sorts of reasons why they can't do something.
The simple fact that the nests have gone would be enough for them to ignore any complaint. No resources to track the tenants who moved out 3 days before and could confirm the presence of the nests.

Is that because most of them were bullied at school?

Sorry but my dealings with the police has given me the general impression that they are happy to go for a quick buck, on the spot fine but will come up with all sorts of reasons why they can't do something.
The simple fact that the nests have gone would be enough for them to ignore any complaint. No resources to track the tenants who moved out 3 days before and could confirm the presence of the nests.

Did you get any pictures or contact the police? You witnessed it so they wouldn't need to track tenants!

I think the 1st action for this or any wildlife crime should be to call the police, but I certainly couldn't stand by and watch someone knocking down swallows, house martins or any other type of birds nests. That is not a criticism of yourself Martin, but I would have been straight on the phone to the police and with phone in hand, across the street to stop the to$$er doing it!

Point is,
Last time I did call the police!

Answer;
"that's a job for our wildlife officer, he'll be back in about a fortnight can you call again then?"

A couple of weeks later;
"well it's a bit difficult to get out there right now, do you have any photos showing the birds in the nest or him knocking the nest down?

The house will be up for sale soon, at least he won't be moving back in.

Nothing will bring the chicks back, I'll settle for shopping him to the tax-man.

Did you confront him at all? That should be the first thing to do, never mind the police.

Would love to, (down a shady lane with no witnesses).

Have done in the past, he's a complete a$$hole.
Was on the Parish Council, and got all wound up when it was pointed out (by me), that he never returned from his dog walks carrying the usual bags carried by others! :nono:

And was therefore the prime suspect for the dog fouling in the church yard. Something which stopped when they emigrated!

Would love to, (down a shady lane with no witnesses).

Have done in the past, he's a complete a$$hole.
Was on the Parish Council, and got all wound up when it was pointed out (by me), that he never returned from his dog walks carrying the usual bags carried by others! :nono:

And was therefore the prime suspect for the dog fouling in the church yard. Something which stopped when they emigrated!

If knocking down nests isn't worth falling out over, I don't know what is! It would have been nice to hear that you had collared the moron and sorted the issue - your original post certainly got my heckles up if you catch my dirft

If knocking down nests isn't worth falling out over, I don't know what is! It would have been nice to hear that you had collared the moron and sorted the issue - your original post certainly got my heckles up if you catch my dirft

Fell out with them long time ago.
Several reasons (including the nests and dog fouling) but another one was when she reversed into my car, left a dent and had "spot repair" out within the day to cover up the damage /remove the paint from her bumper.

Back