Plum Wine

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As I have said in a previous thread (must give it a 'bump' for arfer mo to have collected his and others thoughts on racking and stabilisers), no real need for chemical additions for dry wines, and no need for them in most sweet wines, given a little sensible consideration for avoidance of further fermentation.

Enzymes are a natural ingredient, so not under the umbrella of chemical additives.

Natural fermentation is a bit of a lottery as the yeast strain which becomes dominant may not be the most desirable. Could be good, but may not... I don't think the risk is worth the cost of any sugar addition, or even the effort of all the preparation. But the choice is there for the head fermenter to make....

As I have said in a previous thread (must give it a 'bump' for arfer mo to have collected his and others thoughts on racking and stabilisers), no real need for chemical additions for dry wines, and no need for them in most sweet wines, given a little sensible consideration for avoidance of further fermentation. QUOTE]

Sour grapes and a juvenile snide comment for having been found out with some poor/erroneous advice on another wine making thread. Don't cross him - he cries!!!!

Last edited:
Not at all.

I will bump the other thread, so you can answer the simple question, master wine maker. But somehow I doubt you have a sensible one.:icon_204-2:

I did answer. Go back and try again and less cynicism please - better still stick to beekeeping where you might be THE ONE AND ONLY master.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back