The bees shout once more, the queen is dead, long live the queen.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

Tom Bick

Its another case to see if the new beekeepers are sharp eyed enough to spot the unmarked queen ;)

Well, the marked queen is easy.
The unmarked queen is (I think) about ⅓ in from the right and 1/5 down from the top of the frame.

i'm sure i've seen this picture on someone's blog! with superimposed tiaras on HMs too

Spotted her as soon as picture loaded. 8O'Clock. I don't do as well on a live frame though but my assistant is an eagle eyed spotter. Got a newly laying queen on a hive floor today!!

:iagree: I've seen it too.

Is that your blog?

No my blog is not that good, it belongs to a beekeeping friend but the hive in question is one of mine and Emily is the sharp shooter with the camera phone.

So I saw a marked black panther queen and an unmarked stripey tiger queen
:spy:

I think I will think of her as a tiger from now on gvbee and she is a gorgeous tiger. It is said supersedure produces the best queens and she looks perfect in every way. It will be interesting what her off spring will look like given she is so different to her mother.

No my blog is not that good, it belongs to a beekeeping friend but the hive in question is one of mine and Emily is the sharp shooter with the camera phone.
It's a good blog, so is her hive partner's one.
So I saw a marked black panther queen and an unmarked stripey tiger queen
:spy:
Good to see them, isn't it :)

It's a good blog, so is her hive partner's one.

Good to see them, isn't it :)

It was their blogs that stired me to have a go not up their standard but I try.

Its a lovely sight. I obviously knew it was going on and spotted them both a couple of weeks ago and who knows how much longer. Last year a friend had the same situation and they wanted to swarm as they ran out of room.

Back