Northern ireland air rifle hunting videos.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

biglongdarren

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
20+
just found this lad tonight on youtube, he is from home here somewhere and makes some good videos,has over 100 to his name i see.[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmbwjE-80S8[/ame]

Well worth a look if this is your thing.;o)

Last edited:
That rifle and scope does a neat job of despatching the rats. I agree, good find.

A complete tool operated by a complete tool?

Wellll.... I ordered a lcd screen and a bullet cam from epay. Cost me just over twenty quid and both were faulty. Screen fixed (dry joint) after an offer from the supplier and the other promised a replacement would be sent. They did not honour their e-mail and I had to resort to paypal for a full refund. Got it and not yet completely decided on an alternative supplier (definitely not despotzz again!). The fault was the connection block, for combining the power and signal leads, was getting far too warm! I might yet dissect and rectify the offending item, but I also wanted it for another application where sparks were not tolerable.

I have ordered an IR torch, but not yet arrived. I am hoping that the bullet cam behind the 'scope will pick up sufficient illumination to work reasonably. An ongoing project, obviously, but encouraged that it will work by video and threads from an airgunning site.

I am trying 940nm wavelength, but may have to revert to 850nm (would just need a different emitter for the same torch, hopefully) as the 940nm LEDs do not emit any light in the visible range.

Expenditure, so far, is quite economical.

Screen - just over a tenner.
Bullet cam - around a tenner.
IR torch. - less than a tenner (auction)
Lithium ion cell for torch - scavenged from an old laptop battery.
12 volt battery - Pb/acid currently, but likely more scavenged Li-ion cells will be used.
Connectors and sundry bits - less than a fiver
May need a collimating lens (well, at least to condense the IR spread)- from the bits and pieces I have around.

Not bothered if it does not work satisfactorily and only looking at sighting bunnies at the garden. Question will be 0.22 or 0.177 calibre..... I suspect it will be 0.177 as the range will be limited. The 'scope is the old (fairly) reliable Nikko Sterling 3-9 with 40mm objective. A larger objective would have been good, but this is what I have....

RAB

Just get a BFO lamp, catch them in the light - plenty of time to take the shot red works well for foxy loxy (they don't seem to notice the light)unless you have some clueless morons in the area - they soon get lamp shy

PBee I agree, most were not killed outright

and I, as a farmer, would have been livid that a gun had been sighted on my cows, AT ALL!

Latest posts

Back