Queen Wasps

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MartinL

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
Has anyone noticed there seems to be loads of large queen wasps around at the moment?

Is it just me being paranoid or is it simply that there are more about because of the good year for them in 2011???:willy_nilly::willy_nilly::willy_nilly:

Does anyone know of a pheromone or similar for attracting queen wasps into a trap?

I have seen 4 queen wasps so far this year and ended all but one. Dont remember seeing any last year?

I saw a queen hornet through the window and raced out of the house, but she was gone. She looked like a flying submarine.

I saw a queen Hornet too....couldn't believe it! I didn't know we got them this far north, (Cheshire) Hope she does't like my garden or Hives!!

Traps

I have been using Waspbane traps, 2 of them out since March this year and have caught a total of 31 Queen wasps....they work well and 4 were from this weekend. Add beer, orange juice and banana skins to the mix with the trap.

:cool::cool::cool::cool: I like to give them a helping hand as well where possible.

Hornets like old bird boxes.;)

Chris

Latest posts

Back