Windsor Sale

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drstitson

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Dadant
Number of Hives
Anyone else planning on heading over? always nice to put a face to a name!

DOI: Red hair and beard - can't miss me!

Plenty of women who look like that at bee events ;)

We normally go but are setting off for France for 2 weeks this pm.

Might it make sense to designate a pub,caff, McDo, or similar for a before- or after-event brief/debrief/chat/swap/coffee/beer ... ? (Where bee-folk would be obvious, yet the place be easily findable, with car parking, etc)

Anyone with good local knowledge?

{Personally, I'm far from sure that a 200 mile round-trip makes any sense for me ... so probably a spur-of-the-moment last-minute decision, dependent on whether there's need for an escape!}

Hope you've all got 4 x 4's, it's a bit pot-holey...
;)

Hope you've all got 4 x 4's, it's a bit pot-holey...
;)

Its not so bad on sales days - you get redirected onto the field.

Wellies might be advisable if the current weather keeps up though.

"Wellies might be advisable if the current weather keeps up though."

don't all beeks keep wellies in the car at all times along with rest of emergency kit?

"Wellies might be advisable if the current weather keeps up though."

don't all beeks keep wellies in the car at all times along with rest of emergency kit?

Only the Welsh ones, or so I'm told ;)

What's this???? A sale???? Where (Windsor is a big place!) and when? I've got some birthday money burning a hole in my pocket, sounds like a good place to go.

Aly

saturday. the beekeeping supplier that begins with T. windsor branch.

Excellent, that's me sorted for Saturday. Would be nice to meet up with other forum folk for coffee - does the place that begins with a T not have a coffee shop? (those of you have been before will probably be laughing your heads off at that - I bet its a warehouse or something!)

Alyson

We will be lucky to all fit in the shop and there will most probably only be one person serving! It is not exactly a large place

The T people are well versed in running events involving bulk pallets of seconds stock so doubtless they have it sorted.

DOI: never been to any of the physical outlets - just online or NHS/stoenleigh so far.

saturday. the beekeeping supplier that begins with T. windsor branch.

How does the branch sale compare with the online sale, apart from being able to see the kit before you buy. Any major differences in price reductions/available stuff ?

Doc I'll be there in my English rugby jersey, aaah, did I just say that :eek:, I meant my Bok rugby jersey, you know the world cup title holders :hurray:. Good luck to the Welsh beeks out there for Sunday's showdown. Don't think I'm going to get too much support around here ................so I'll get my coat then :leaving:

How does the branch sale compare with the online sale, apart from being able to see the kit before you buy. Any major differences in price reductions/available stuff ?

it is about £12 for a super compared to £13.50 in the online sale but factor in postage versus petrol....£100 order is post free

for those wanting to meet up, try the pub next door "ye olde red lion" or further away the Greene oak

Excellent, that's me sorted for Saturday. Would be nice to meet up with other forum folk for coffee - does the place that begins with a T not have a coffee shop? (those of you have been before will probably be laughing your heads off at that - I bet its a warehouse or something!)

Alyson

Not that daft a question - their new "superstore" at Rand outside Lincoln has a pretty large coffee shop. Don't think Windsor's quite in that category though.

"but factor in postage versus petrol....£100 order is post free"

i'm only going as happen to be traveling Guildford-lincolnshire so not too much of a diversion in grand scheme of things.
also nice to be able to pick and choose amongst the seconds for the important bits.

space limited as only have the smart this week and already has some jumbo feeders in it.

otherwise online sale will be used for extras once "stocktake" complete at home!!!!

Latest posts

Back