Sugar Prices

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ROACHMAN

House Bee
Beekeeping Sponsor
Reaction score
Hive Type
Langstroth
Number of Hives
50+
Went to Asda today and bought a load of 2 kg bags for £1.29 each, thats 64.5p a kilo.

Any seen any cheeper ?

BBKA members can shop at Bookers, does anyone know what they charge ?

James

Ive just read hive makers thread tesco 60p a kilo suppose thats same as what i said £1-20 for 2kg wooops

Ive just read hive makers thread tesco 60p a kilo suppose thats same as what i said £1-20 for 2kg wooops

No that's less if you consider 5p off per litre petrol and Tesco club points and 2kg will save on transport costs as only one trip and you are also saving the planet if you consider your carbon footprint!
....... but then if you buy a bottle of table water all that is blown away 1000 fold!:gnorsi:

Went to Asda today and bought a load of 2 kg bags for £1.29 each, thats 64.5p a kilo.

Any seen any cheeper ?

James

Try this James, see earlier post.

Russell's guide on how to get white granulated sugar for under 40p per kilo from Tesco, first time online order only!

1. Open a free topcashback account. Admin do you have an account link for the £2.50 referral bonus?

2. Type in Tesco in TCB search bar.

3. Click on Tesco.com cashback, then on "Get Cashback Now" ( this should give you a deferred £5.00 cashback discount ) this takes you to Tesco.com

4. Sign up for an online Tesco account. If you already use them try your mum, auntie etc. Then goto "fresh food and groceries.

5. Search for "Miscellaneous Granulated Sugar 2Kg Parcels" No others!

6. Put 42 bags @ £1.20 into trolly = £50.40, now proceed to checkout. Choose delivery time and date, £2.00 min & £5.00 max.

7. When you go through the checkout procedure it will ask for vouchers etc, type in " XXL4CR " this will give you a £15.00 discount on your first order only, bring bill down to £37.40. If you have any club card vouchers they can be used as well. The code expires 31.08

8. So with the £5 (deferred payed to you via bacs,cheque,paypal or amazon gv) sign up bonus and the £15 immediate discount code you will get your 42 bags or 84kgs del'd for £32.40 or even less. Simples!

9. If you need more sugar and pay min price, to max discount you need to enroll friends, family, the street as it's 1st order only.

Just bought some bags of sugar at Tesco today; both Tesco and Ocado (online) are selling 2kg bags for £1.29. I tried to blag some split 5kg bags of sugar out of Tesco but they wouldn't let me have them - even if I paid! They "aren't allowed" to pass on any damaged or spilt products, which i suppose is fair enough. Annoying though.

For some reason the 5kg bags work out more expensive than the 2kg ones.

Booker & Tesco online can do a better price, but only by setting up accounts etc., and even then I believe Booker want 64p a kg at the moment.

:rolleyes:But as my bees regularly remind me: There's No Such Thing as a Free Lunch!

Just bought some bags of sugar at Tesco today; both Tesco and Ocado (online) are selling 2kg bags for £1.29. I tried to blag some split 5kg bags of sugar out of Tesco but they wouldn't let me have them - even if I paid! They "aren't allowed" to pass on any damaged or spilt products, which i suppose is fair enough. Annoying though.

For some reason the 5kg bags work out more expensive than the 2kg ones.

Booker & Tesco online can do a better price, but only by setting up accounts etc., and even then I believe Booker want 64p a kg at the moment.

:rolleyes:But as my bees regularly remind me: There's No Such Thing as a Free Lunch!

If you follow my guide it's 39p per kg in 2 kg bags del'd to your door!
If 84kgs is to much for you buddy up with someone!

All sounds cheap enough to me. Sugar here costs about .47 a lb. I can get a 25 lb bag for about 12.00.

James

25Kg bags currently £20.99 = 84p/Kg
"Euro Shopper" brand 10x500g (price marked 50p) £3.49 =70p/Kg*
Silver Spoon 15x1Kg £11.99 = 80p/Kg

*Note the same brand but with price marked 55p is £3.85 for 10x500g=77p/Kg

Last edited:
Thanks Russell, followr the instructions, sugar being delivered Tuesday:party:

PS its gone up slightly to 1.29 for 2kg bag (still a massive saving !)

PS its gone up slightly to 1.29 for 2kg bag (still a massive saving !)

Must just be the sugar they list online thats gone up,as there tesco home produced 2kg bags in the shops are only £1.20.

Must just be the sugar they list online thats gone up,as there tesco home produced 2kg bags in the shops are only £1.20.

Maybe they're catching on to the amount of online sugar only orders placed recently.:rolleyes:

Maybe they're catching on to the amount of online sugar only orders placed recently.:rolleyes:

Maybe,but the one they list online for is Whitworths,for £1.29,the one they sell for £1.20 is silver spoon home grown,and is not listed online.

Maybe,but the one they list online for is Whitworths,for £1.29,the one they sell for £1.20 is silver spoon home grown,and is not listed online.

They delivered Silver Spoon, they will also substitute different brand and size for same price. Tell the drive if there's any spillage, they will reimburse full cost ie £1.20+ per broken bag and leave open bag(s) with you.

They don't deliver to my area,so collection only,ordered two tons from them yesterday. And British sugar has no sugar at the moment...lol,but say prices should go down when the new years sugar starts to come in at the end of september.

If you follow my guide it's 39p per kg in 2 kg bags del'd to your door!
If 84kgs is to much for you buddy up with someone!

I've ordered 100kgs, but that is 52.50 per kilo for my delivery, unless I get that fiver voucher you mentioned.

I've ordered 100kgs, but that is 52.50 per kilo for my delivery, unless I get that fiver voucher you mentioned.

Once you go over 84kgs there's a diminishing return because the total price has increased but the discount is a fixed value not a percentage off.
Get someone else to place an order per the instructions for max benefit.

Sugar coming in Sunday here...Tesco clubcard discount voucher if you haven't used online for a while are significant. Thank goodness.

They don't deliver to my area,so collection only,ordered two tons from them yesterday. And British sugar has no sugar at the moment...lol,but say prices should go down when the new years sugar starts to come in at the end of september.

No friends that could maybe take delivery for you?

Latest posts

Back