vet injectors

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hedgerow pete

Queen Bee
Reaction score
UK, Birmingham, Sandwell. Pork scratching Bandit c
Hive Type
National
i need to find the correct name for some thing and a rough idea where to get one from

i want to use a bag supplied injection set to inject herbicides, the ideal type is the sort they use when doing a flock of sheep or cows,

what are they properly called and do they go down to 2ml doses, or how does one calibrate them for doing so.

by the way its for stem injection treatment of jap knott weed, so only a couple of needles area required

Go to your local farm feeds merchants who stock sheep and cattle feeds...they have those bags with calibrated needles for injection.

Railway company's use them for buddlea from memory

cheers for the ideas, I shall look into it,

I don't want to use a single syringe due to the volume I have to do, I also want the biggest and strongest needle going, a 30 g needle is not going to do it where as a 10 g will

I have to buy a sharps glove as well, I never realise how expensive they are either

well we had it delivered today and I went and connected every thing up and injected 100 stems tonight

heres what I ordered

injector and 13G needles

I did have a slight issue as I had not realised the other end was supposed to go into a medical bottle so I cut the end off and used a new bottle that fits the pipe

it looks like this now

worked brilliantly, hopefully loads of dead jap knot weed very soon and also it means that I am not weather dependant as normal when I spray the foliage

Latest posts

Back