• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Beekeeping Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

bees, hives and all equipment for sale

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
WBC
Number of Hives
3!
Sadly I have to give up beekeeping after an allergic reaction to a sting. I will have for sale:

2 x white painted WBCs with 7 lifts
2 x extra brand new lifts
2 brood boxes with strong colonies
8 supers with drawn frames
2 brand new supers with new made up frames
3 QEs

1 older cedar National hive - brood box + super - no bees with travelling top
QE
Crown board
I older nuc box

2 smokers - with lighters and smoker fuel
1 one-year-old medium size Sherriff bee suit with hood and veil
1 one year old pair gloves
1 almost-new smock top with hood
Hive tall
Frame lift tool
10 brand new brood frames ready to make up
2 plastic buckets

I would like to sell this as a 'job lot' - complete kit with bees for someone and I am looking for offers. Around £1000 of equipment here when all new!

However, I will not be able to help get ready for transporting, for obvious reasons!
I am near Falmouth in Cornwall.

Hi Starcana

you don't have to give up beekeeping, I am allergic to bee stings as are a number of other beekeepers on here. Please go and see your GP and request desensitisation treatment at hospital have a read of my thread

http://www.beekeepingforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=21905

Before you go futher.

doug

Hi, yes I did thanks Melbee and sorry I haven't responded yet. But Staffordshire's a long way to take bees, isn't it? May have good news though (for me!) in that my OH who has always been afraid to go,within 10 feet of the hives is considering giving it a year with him doing all the handling and me doing all the back room stuff, to see if he can cope with it. Watch this space for his decision.

That's sounds as though you've found a solution.

You're right. Staffordshire is a long way to transport bees but I had thought of an overnight stay with a friend who is a beekeeper, about half way, that would give them flying/rest time before taking them the rest of the journey.

Hope things go well for you. I'll keep an eye out on the forum.

Latest posts

Back