Best external condensing oil boiler??

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theeggman

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
2 Cedar + 5 Poly
Sorry folks another way off topic subject.

Our current boiler (Trianco) is playing up, it will be 8 yrs. old in Dec.
We've had 3 different "experts" to sort it and it's still s**t.
We could spend even more pennies trying to sort it, mainly by 'let's replace this and see' or buy a new boiler.
We're heading towards a Grant boiler which gets good feedback on plumbers forums and seems to be one of the most efficient.

Anybody out there with any useful input??

Tim. :thanks:

Had a Worcester Heatslave installed outside five years ago

Only had to press reset button once

Additional cost was the installation of a concrete slab for boiler to sit on but very happy with boiler so far

Sorry folks another way off topic subject.

Our current boiler (Trianco) is playing up, it will be 8 yrs. old in Dec.
We've had 3 different "experts" to sort it and it's still s**t.
We could spend even more pennies trying to sort it, mainly by 'let's replace this and see' or buy a new boiler.
We're heading towards a Grant boiler which gets good feedback on plumbers forums and seems to be one of the most efficient.

Anybody out there with any useful input??

Tim. :thanks:

Trianco are decent boilers or you could very usefully check out Firebird boilers. I ran my own business as "The Boilerdoctor" for years and have maintained many boilers over that time. The lack of competence of far too many experts usually stood me in good stead in gaining business :).
I found the real thing that mattered is the model of burner the manufacturer bought in and fitted. Given a choice I would go for a Riello burner every time, but bear in mind I've been out of the game for a long time now.
Do ensure the fuel supply is piped correctly with appropriate filters and firestop valve and that the condensate is correctly piped away and disposed of.

Latest posts

Back