Newbies need mentorship in Steyning UK

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dustyandlin

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
My wife and I have just bought a new National hive - the bees will arrive next Tuesday.
Is there somebody in the Steyning area who could show us what we need to do, please?

Last edited:
My wife and I have just bought a new National hive - the bees will arrive next Tuesday.
Is there somebody in the Steyning area who could show us what we need to do, please?

Hope someone local can provide some guidance, you are in for a treat :)

If you were closer I'd gladly help out.
Might be worth getting in touch with your local bee keeping association too, there is usually someone who can pop over to assist. Worthing Beekeepers perhaps?

Regards
Tom

Have you made any preparations regarding learning about bees before placing your order? If not you may be in for a very difficult period. I hope you can find a local mentor to guide you through the day to day shenanigans and steer you through the whirlpools and rapids. :)

Hi, welcome. I am going to presume you know nothing so please contact you local bee keepers association and book yourself on a course. Meanwhile I am sure someone close will offer to help you house the bees!
E

I am in East Sussex.. if you want to come over to me I will give you half a day of basic bee keeping, go through hive, what to look for etc.

pm me if I can be of help. You may need to have a number of posts before you can pm me.. maybe leave a phone number, or ask via Moderator for my details.

The panic is over, as I have managed to delay our delivery of bees from tomorrow until next spring by which time we should have achieved some training via the Worthing Beekeepers' Association through which we hope to find a mentor, having applied to join.

Many thanks for all the helpful replies.

Latest posts

Back