BeeTight - down?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

witchcraft

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Well I can't load it and I have some inspections to record :-(

Good old pen and paper works for me too

Digi vox operated sound recorder works for me!
Records completed in the comfort of home :)
VM

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This year, I'm using the voice recorder in Evernote on my iPhone to dictate what I see through my earphones and write it up later....

Working quite well so far.

This year, I'm using the voice recorder in Evernote on my iPhone to dictate what I see through my earphones and write it up later....

I've heard of people speaking through certain parts of their anatomy!! but never seeing through ears :icon_204-2:

Hi

It's working but the thought that it might not be and might disappear persuaded me to download my inspections so that if the worst happens all is not lost. They can be saved as CSV or a spreadsheet.

Worth thinking about.

Simon

I gave up on bee tight last year as it just didn't seem to be fulfilling its promises of constant development, also I was unable to edit queens properly. I moved over to hive tracks, which is not perfect but suits my needs better; maybe one day I'll code something that does exactly what I need :)

Does any body know if Beetight is still being operated? I subscribed to get the Android app, but it wont work on a Galaxy Tab 2. I think it is only a matter of allowing the download for this device in the app store, but I have gotten no replies from several emails?

Does anyone know anything more about the service?

I canceled my subscription last year, lots of bugs and no support.

Started using beekeeper lite, but also lack of support and updates.

Using my own printed hive records now.

Working through the web for me.
Simon

I gave up on bee tight last year as it just didn't seem to be fulfilling its promises of constant development, also I was unable to edit queens properly. I moved over to hive tracks, which is not perfect but suits my needs better; maybe one day I'll code something that does exactly what I need :)
There is a problem with queen editing. I worked around it, but I am finding more deficiencies. I left 3 messages on the help desk, but not a single reply.

Half-considered writing my own, but I would rather someone else did it ;-)

Does any body know if Beetight is still being operated? I subscribed to get the Android app, but it wont work on a Galaxy Tab 2. I think it is only a matter of allowing the download for this device in the app store, but I have gotten no replies from several emails?

Does anyone know anything more about the service?

He is notorious for not getting back to people. If you can locate his facebook page it makes interesting reading regarding bugs with no communication coming back just a photo with the developer and his new baby. I reckon he has so many people giving him $15 a year (me included this year) he has become lazy.

I know someone who works in IT and works on apps ect and a novice beekeeper. I have nudged him a couple of times to come up with a simple app for record keeping and he recons its easy but just needs the inspiration to do it, I am giving him a nuc soon with the plan to increase his hive numbers and encourage him to start record keeping. One more hurdle he recons he only wants to do IPhone app, probably come up with a Welsh version before Androide as he comes from across the border.

I bought this app and immediately wanted a refund but haven't had time to work out how to do it. A notepad would do a better job. Can't find an option to unite or split unless adding hives. Fairly useless app IMO.

Latest posts

Back