I understand

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sergiyozjin

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
Occupation beekeeping requires serious investment. To my great regret, I can not yet afford to increase their apiary due to financial difficulties. But so eager to fulfill his dream - to open their own, albeit small, but its - apiary! Very soon the spring comes - it's time for spring work in the apiary. If you miss the time now - you will have to wait until next spring. I am confident that experienced beekeepers will understand what I am saying.

To carry out my dreams I want to buy 15-20 hives and bee colonies. Necessary equipment and clothing. I have my own small plot of land on which I am willing to work all the time, but it is important to achieve the first significant results, for further action. But myself - I take care of my family and I do not want them to have difficulty, from my ideas.

HELP

Occupation beekeeping requires serious investment. To my great regret, I can not yet afford to increase their apiary due to financial difficulties. But so eager to fulfill his dream - to open their own, albeit small, but its - apiary! Very soon the spring comes - it's time for spring work in the apiary. If you miss the time now - you will have to wait until next spring. I am confident that experienced beekeepers will understand what I am saying.

To carry out my dreams I want to buy 15-20 hives and bee colonies. Necessary equipment and clothing. I have my own small plot of land on which I am willing to work all the time, but it is important to achieve the first significant results, for further action. But myself - I take care of my family and I do not want them to have difficulty, from my ideas.

HELP

Bees will live in any box of the right size - about 40 litres - instead of buying hives think about making your own from scrap timber. You can just have top bars instead of frames. It means your honey will come from crushing and straining the combs they build but that's not a problem. Look up Top Bar Hives on the internet - very simple and cheap to build. It may give you the start and hands on experience to develop your apiary and perhaps some honey to sell.

If you have your own plot of land you have more than most of us in the UK, We too would like to take up beekeeping full time and screw the day job but common sense prevails as a bad summer could bankrupt any beekeeper. If I was you I would start small and build up over a few years splitting hives and making increases not to jeopardise your family's welfare.
Good luck and hope you do well

Доброе утро из Англии

Welcome to the forum, you will find plenty of help here. Where in Russia do you live? I know the Vologda Obaste quite well.

удачи

To carry out my dreams I want to buy 15-20 hives and bee colonies. Necessary equipment and clothing. I have my own small plot of land on which I am willing to work all the time,

HELP[/URL]

i have that amount of hives, and it needs quite much store room. And room to handle honey.
And work room where you build and repair hiveparts, frames etc.

Then you need good pastures where to get incomes.
Perhaps selling hives is good business too.

Vain to say that not all in UK want money from bees, but with 15 hives you will a loose huge fortune, if you are not going to make incomes. That hobby is not meant to "do nothing guys"

Last edited:
Have you any beekeeping experience? I would suggest starting with a hive or two, which is not so expensive, and then making increase. If you manage it well you should not need to ask for handouts and will be where you want to be in just a few years.

The best way to make a small fortune in beekeeping is to work all the hours that God sends and start with a large fortune!! Many other hobbies are like that.

Latest posts

Back