TBH bee-keepers Suffolk/Norfolk?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Joinerbee, sorry I did not reply much much earlier! I lost all info on my PC and had some other major probs, I will ask my friend for some of his mouflon sheep's wool that I know he has, that seems a good Idea, I have already copied the Idea from Mr Chandler on youtube for an additional entrance externally applied to the side of the TBH in which the bee entrance is lowered by about five inches, hopefully retaining more of the warm air that otherwise would be lost from the entrance holes through convection.
Paul

If anyone's planning on using Hoffman frames in a TBH, the easiest way to keep the girls in is to glue an inch of wood strip (frame bottom bars are ideal) to either side of the frame support lug.

Then use a sheet of plastic and/or plywood over the top of the bars - unless you're super-ing, of course.

Hi Mike in answer to your Q about having a Queen bee! Yes she's hanging in there probably got long whiskers though! and all of the few offspring that she had produced rather late they seem nice docile girls, unless they are' as I have heard contented with a TBH ?
(Topclass Bee Hotel )!?

Back