Its getting Springier!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonnybeegood

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
Found this perfect specimen in our window today & noticed Sloes starting to bloom on the way to work today, the white buds just opening, things are looking good :) image.jpg

Snow tomorrow
BUT.........husband and I go to collect our brand new camper van tomorrow...yipeeee!!!!!!

Frost and snow this am...

Hail and snow here in Manchester. It didn't stick though. I'm finding a lot of cold bees on the ground, and a wasp yesterday. I was out all day or I would have brought her home and tried to warm her up.

Had a half hour blizzard here but not much laid, its that time of year when you get some nice days. & you think springs early , then winter bites back hard. This keeps happening here these last few years, sloes flower then the cold gets them, weve had hardly any sloe berrys for about 5 years now, they flower just that bit too early.

Forecast frost tonight but getting warmer, & could be 13 degrees at the weekend :)

The Pea fowl are mating, only 2 months early. I am hoping they are not going to lay yet as they will lay their eggs in some exposed location and all will be lost.

In the past they have laid in a patch of nettles, - the nettles hove not started to grow so where they will lay be a mystery.

bong said zebedee

Sunshine here, up to 9 degrees, and 14 degrees forecast for Saturday ... then back cold next week, typical March but will get plants and forage moving closer to appearing... Bring it on !!! :)

first sloes timidly opening this morning here in Kent! cold and frosty though...

None open here but I watched a pair of Bullfinches spend ten minutes on Blackthorn in the apiary so I guess they can see buds :)

First flush of celandine and the Cornish black bees were all over it and the snowdrops... even a dandelion in bloom
Gool Piran... Spring is here in the great grey green greasy Tamar river valley all set about with social housing !

Yeghes da

No daffodils yet!

4th March, and not a single daffodil in bloom in my garden yet! Snowdrops still out though

First flush of celandine and the Cornish black bees were all over it and the snowdrops... even a dandelion in bloom
Gool Piran... Spring is here in the great grey green greasy Tamar river valley all set about with social housing !

Yeghes da

Hardy bees them Blacks.... still have mine. Their ferocious!

Not a sign of any blackthorn flowering, no daffodils out, but willow buds are breaking. The light soils of the Breckland make this one of the coolist areas. The light soils loose their heat quickly.

We have willow out at various stages, some is almost finished while other is just starting, i have a line of 8 willow one is slmost done & the opposite end is just starting due due the height of the sun reaching them weeks apart.

Back