oxalic trickle treatment

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
3 + 1 Observation Hive
i was wondering what happens to sealed brood if the trickle treatment is applied does the brood suffer or is that any varroa inside just dont get killed
if a vaporizer is used is it is true that it can be use any time of the year if so would it be better at the height of the bee population and would it be bad for honey flow /sales

Last edited:
Just that any varroa won't be killed, and in the sealed brood is where most of the mites are likely to be.

so any swarms that gets collected its a good idea to treat by spraying
so with oxalic acid mix it lands on the bees they lick it any varroa on the bee dies cos the acid blocks their breathing tubes and they died is that right
my signature tag says it all

so any swarms that gets collected its a good idea to treat by spraying
so with oxalic acid mix it lands on the bees they lick it any varroa on the bee dies cos the acid blocks their breathing tubes and they died is that right
my signature tag says it all

My book says the oxalic acid attacts the soft tissue of the mouth, suction pad and claws of the varroa and they cannot feed nor hold on or feed

why do we put it with a sugar syrup in stead of just a mix of water when the bees lick and digest it is it does it benefit the bees

why do we put it with a sugar syrup in stead of just a mix of water when the bees lick and digest it is it does it benefit the bees

i dont use either i sublimate the oxalic dihydrate crystal, so no syrup at all in my treatment and that gives a 97% cull rate The syrup is just a carrier that in tests worked better than water. some think it is the digestion of the oxalic in syrup that causes Queen loss but ihave not found any scientific papers on that

Last edited:
Back