Landlord - bees inaccessible

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

margob99

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
I could cry.

I have come to check on my bees and found that the landlord has fenced off the area, and sealed the only entrance/exit to the area, rendering my bees inaccessible, and me unable to work the hive.

I was given no notice.

The landlord has not done this because of any trouble from me or the bees, but because they intend sectioning the land off and splitting the Title. So, there was no malice, just a clear case of thoughtlessness and disrespect.

I could cry.

Have you not contacted the landlord about the fence?

They're overseas till tomorrow. You can bet your bottom dollar I'll be in contact!

However, longer term, if the land is being sold, you'd need to be sorting things out with the new owner. It would seem like a great time to be making 100% certain that you have a viable Plan B, just in case the new owner wasn't quite so accommodating. You could have a problem on the day of the auction ...

/// If you need a right of access over land that is going to be under new ownership (legally an "easement"), then that is something that needs sorting out - but which the current owner might see as reducing the value of his sale offer. This sounds like it might be the sort of thing that needs proper legal advice.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back