thrones sales

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Who's staying up till 3.00am to get their Thornes sale order in ???

Sorry guys and girls ... I'm off to bed and will take pot luck tomorrow !!

Well , I'm still up... & waiting....:ohthedrama:

Already have none sale items in my basket , just got to add a few more goodies.... :sifone:

Hoping to be alseep by 03.20

Last edited:
HOORAY.....
Now going to Bed, knowing that 5 more Hives will be despatched shortly..
There's a good nights work.. 03.03a.m.

Night.... not worthy

Last edited:
Doubtful of much sleep due to the sting I got on new year's day but at least I got all my stuff ordered.

:hurray:

Ordered most of what i needed with the exception of the National Ashforth feeders, i could see the other two formats but not the National one, i was on at 3 am on the dot so a little disappointed in missing them.

At 4.20 am there were many items not showing on the web site which were in Gill's email of sale items.
Guess lots of people stayed up and spent lots of money?

Big parcel should arrive here soon.

Ordered most of what i needed with the exception of the National Ashforth feeders, i could see the other two formats but not the National one, i was on at 3 am on the dot so a little disappointed in missing them.

That's strange Chris, as i managed to get some.

Tim i went through the site so many times and just could not find them !! where were they under what heading and what time did you get some ? i have been trying to get some for the last 3/4 years with no luck, very disappointed

Last edited:
Sat i bed with a cuppa and managed to order £500 in just a few sips.
Best part was paying on paypal so didnt even need to get out of bed to get my credit card

i went through the site so many times and just could not find them !! where were they under what heading and what time did you get some ? i have been trying to get some for the last 3/4 years with no luck, very disappointed

I did warn of this, earlier in the thread? I would be on the phone pronto, if they were in the main grouping - if in the 'limited offer' part of the sale, it might have rung warning bells?

Shirleyif Throne said this ''If you only need British Standard equipment then there will be plenty and you do not need to wait up until 3am!!''(; so) they should honour it and supply?
Y
Might be a little different, but not much, if they were in the 'limited offer' part of the sale - but that alone should have rung warning bells! Don't always entirely trust what is written. There should have been a proviso added, if it did not include all National kit (and it really should have made it clear and totally unambiguous if it meant timber parts only).

Last edited:
I'll wait until the Welsh beekeeping convention.

I obviously have missed something? Are the prices the same as sale ones?
I could buy more without being found out :)

Usually the same bargins as you get at the HA convention - hopefully anyway - by 0315 all the wire queen excluders were gone (got them into my basket but wouldn't let me check them out as they were 'out of stock') - need some spares for me and a load for the association.

Last edited:
A list or index of the sales items similar to the email list could have been helpful, with a link to the desired item or a heading where to search, so you don't spend hours trying to find the item you want, and then finding it has gone by the time you get to the checkout, i did try the search option with no results, and had to shop twice, at least that is what i told the wife/ financial adviser :spy: I do realise it must be hell for Gill and the team and keeping everyone happy is virtually impossible, i did get the items that i really wanted and a few I was not expecting so well done Gill and the team so far :winner1st:

not worthy
i went through the site so many times and just could not find them !! where were they under what heading and what time did you get some ? i have been trying to get some for the last 3/4 years with no luck, very disappointed

I did warn of this, earlier in the thread? I would be on the phone pronto, if they were in the main grouping - if in the 'limited offer' part of the sale, it might have rung warning bells?

Shirleyif Throne said this ''If you only need British Standard equipment then there will be plenty and you do not need to wait up until 3am!!''(; so) they should honour it and supply?
Y
Might be a little different, but not much, if they were in the 'limited offer' part of the sale - but that alone should have rung warning bells! Don't always entirely trust what is written. There should have been a proviso added, if it did not include all National kit (and it really should have made it clear and totally unambiguous if it meant timber parts only).

I love your attention to detail.
not worthy

I was curious to know what the bee clearing device was for £40. never did find it.

I am using IE 11 (possibly foolishly), and if attempting to put multiples in the purchase box, I received an exception error.

fortunately multiples worked in the checkout basket, so an easy workaround.

lots more of non-sale items to buy before spring\summer!

Oops, forgot to get online early but still got everything I wanted at 10.30, would have preferred 'framed' wire Q excluders but will have some fun making the frames for the grids myself - and at a fiver each, can't go wrong (I hope!)

Latest posts

Back