thrones sales

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

irishguy

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
2 over wintered nucs
Back in march I bought frames/wax of thrones and want to top up with another few in this sale but wondering should I hold off and save the postage. What I'm looking to know do they hold a sale every march for Irish customers and bring over the products while they are attending the north of Ireland conference or was that a one off.

Give rand branch a call on Monday normal working hours

To be fair, I think one of the best functions of an open forum is to share information and pick apart various sales and offers.

Ya but where's the fun in that!!

To be fair, I think one of the best functions of an open forum is to share information and pick apart various sales and offers.

I agree

Yes.....I must do an inventory. I have a voucher burning a hole in my bee bookshelf

How d'you get one of those? I seem to spend half my pension at Thorne's (at least that's what SWMBO accuses) but have never been offered a voucher.

They usually have items on sale at the conference at around the same price as the winter sale. Not sure if it is the same range of items but boxes and frames etc not a problem.

Just got the price list for the winter sale from Gill, now making plans on what to buy :spy:

Just got the price list for the winter sale from Gill, now making plans on what to buy :spy:

Nothing arrived here yet, can't wait to get it. Want to do my list as well. As usual will spend far too much money :(

Thornes

Winter Sale

Our Winter Sale will start on Saturday 3rd January, and will run until Wednesday 23rd January at 5pm. Some items will be removed as they are sold and go out of stock.

The sale will go live at 3am on Saturday morning on the website. If you only need British Standard equipment then there will be plenty and you do not need to wait up until 3am!!

To be added to our email distribution list please email [email protected]

If you only need British Standard equipment then there will be plenty and you do not need to wait up until 3am!!

I wonder if that includes the British Standard 'extra deep' option?

Hasn't done so, in the past. My experience from several years back, so it may have changed, but unless confirmed, I would not be waiting until near the end of the sale for any 14 x 12 boxes or frames.

Deep roofs might be another item to watch, to note the availability, if included in the sale.

All up on the website now.
I notice you can get all the national boxes with TBS for an extra £6.00 a box.
Funny....I'm sure they always used to include instructions of a kind for doing it yourself........ free

I see there are a lot of "limited stock", maybe only one or two of each wax moulds. Worth staying up for?

Latest posts

Back