Hive barrow

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimmy

Drone Bee
Beekeeping Sponsor
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Over the winter I need to construct a hive barrow. I don't have an old 'barrow to modify so I need to find a new one that has a bolt-on pan top that I can remove and then fix a new base onto. I don't have a welder.

Looking around, many of the cheap 'barrows have the pan bolted on at the rear vertical face which I don't think will work.

I tried a sack trolley at the weekend and the ground is too uneven for it to work longterm.

Any recommendations? I'm looking out for garage sales in the village, keeping an eye out for skips, unwanted builders ones etc but have resigned myself to buying one and then dismantling it.

Thanks

Edit

Have found a blog that suggests a B&Q one.

Last edited:
Put an 'ask' on freegle or any recycling ad, I did and got a great barrow. I then unbolted the pan and cut a piece of 18mm ply to fit. One of my best bits of kit
S

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

We have two barrows, one's a scissors type and very heavy; the other is timber construction using a 26/27ins bicycle wheel. Both require even ground?
Have been looking at the 4 wheeled Aldi garden cart, £50 and keeping an eye out for one of those bicycle trails as possible ways of moving kit around apiary etc.

I use an old carp fishing barrow i had.

mine is a B&Q barrow and it works well just make sure u strap down what you put on it just in case it does tip over.

I use a four wheeled gardening trolley. It has fold down sides and will hold two stacks of national size boxes. Will see if I can get the supplier's details for you.

I'm using a fishing barrow as well,great for moving heavy containers of syrup
Most of them fold down & can dismantle for transport

I'm using a fishing barrow as well,great for moving heavy containers of syrup
Most of them fold down & can dismantle for transport

I can get these Leeda carp barrows for about £40.00 each - getting them out to other people is the problem - don't know how much it would cost in postage

This compact, strong and robust barrow is ideal for those anglers who do short sessions or are limited on space in transport.
The Leeda Specimen barrow packs down flat, taking up little room whilst being transported and only takes minutes to assemble once at your destination. A single wheel design makes it stable and manoeuvrable on all types of ground.

Strong, steel construction
Single wheel design
Folds totally flat for storage
Removable wheel and handles for transport

Latest posts

Back