Heather Flow

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just had mate on the phone and a beekeeper has been to his hives next to ours and he is taking some more supers up tomorrow.. I said iff mine have filled 2 supers I will be over the moon. and he spoke to the farmer and the farmer said he has not seen the heather looking so good for years

just had mate on the phone and a beekeeper has been to his hives next to ours and he is taking some more supers up tomorrow.. I said iff mine have filled 2 supers I will be over the moon. and he spoke to the farmer and the farmer said he has not seen the heather looking so good for years

Good to hear, Darren

Not tallied yet but all 11 hives collected from Blaenavon area and 1 super filled per hive, so a good year.

In the end from the four hives i moved to the mountains i ended up with around 7 supers of heather honey.

Darren

I ended up with 220 pounds of honey this was strained and filtered off 6 hives this year. so im very pleased with my lot.. one of my hives had 3 supers on it and they had made comb out of the top. this was the hive I took last year and as far as I know it was the same queen.. one im gonna breed from next year

Latest posts

Back