Third years are worse than beginers

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
I was going to help do a unite tonight for a beginner, a third year Beekeeper had given her this morning a five frame Nuc to unite with her queenless colony (DLQ killed last night)

so first thing tonight was to check the Nuc provided by the third year ............ .ahhhhh

i found two tubs of freshly opened apiguard on the Nuc !!!!!!! :hairpull: :hairpull : :hairpull: that's 100 grams of Apiguard and the dose for a Nuc is 25 grams , that's a lethal dose to the Nuc

so the unite did not go ahead, and to say the bees were agitated is an understatement . They had not calmed down 20 mins after we had removed the two apiguard tubs

Email sent to third year and the reply , oh we got confused, we put two tub on all our hives , i will remove the second tub i put on my other hives ============no wonder they never got their bees through last winter

oh we got confused, we put two tub on all our hives , i will remove the second tub i put on my other hives ============no wonder they never got their bees through last winter
good job they arent gas fitters or electricians..

Those poor bees!! I bet they were livid!

At some point in training people go backwards before going forward again and there are some that are stupid

Nah! Not at all. Some may be but the ones that really take the 'honours' are those beginners that tell us experienced beeks thatrwe have it all wrong and they are right. Makes one wonder about their real ability to understand simple techniques. But better off to stay/hide in the new beginners section, out of the way of the real world, maybe.

Latest posts

Back