Its the simple things in life !

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
40 Plus
Great day yesterday.

Weather fantastic 20 degrees, Sunshine !

For the first time I spotted a good number of ( fairly sure ) my Bees foraging in my suburban back garden.

Most likely mine as am only beekeeper in immediate area and 2 hives are only 1K away.

So satisfying to see them arrive in the garden, had been on the lookout for them all summer but no sign as forage elsewhere was obviously more beneficial.

Though had planted predominantly for late summer forage so obviously with the decline in summer forage it is now very attractive for them to come where they can get a good spread of late flowering plants.

On the various sedum and Dahlias, " Twynings after Eight " and this orange one ( name escapes me, and various other late flowering plants. Collecting beautiful orange pollen as picture fairly sure from Dahlias.

Second thrill ... Early yesterday visited other Apiary site I have, where have another 2 hives at. Had to correct an earlier stupid mistake where had left to much space in a newly hived up nuc. So had to trim excess comb to fit the missing brood frame required.....

Result My First ever home produced honey, which in the comb spread on buttered toast was the Bees Knees !

The simple things in Life.... :)

Last edited:
Hi Brian,
Nice to see the orange pollen from Dahlias. My bees get a fair amount of that coloured pollen from my neighbours garden.

Thanks Beeno

Also Rudbeckia next door seen them on, really satisfying to see them foraging well at this time if year

Cheers

Brian

Hey Dusty! I think we may have found what that bright orange pollen could be :)

Back