Spray

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Common courtesy.
Maybe if you take a dollop of dead bees.. Scoop some up from all hives-prob lying on OMF anyway (natural loss) and say can you please tell me in future --as these bees were affected!!! (who knows if they weren't)

Telling lies to make your point is beneath you, and certainly no way to build a relationship with a neighbour. If you are willing to manipulate someone by deceit then you deserve all you get.

Last edited:
It was grass he was spraying. Glyphosate and a selective herbicide like 2-4d or mcpa are really the only sprays it will ever gey . the max being 3 sprays over an 8-10 year period. It sounds like he is a dairy farmer so is busy at this time of year rearing calves, calving cows, getting stock out to grass and observing for heats as well. If you over react to this all you will do is annoy him and give beekeepers a bad name

Such as " not another damned belly aching beekeeper" ?
VM

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

:iagree::iagree:
Telling lies to make your point is beneath you, and certainly no way to build a relationship with a neighbour. If you are willing to manipulate someone by deceit then you deserve all you get.

Sometimes people will not believe bee deaths till they witness the result. Bees are dead and some people so unwilling to see cause and effect till they see something.

2 weeks ago I had 100's of dead bees round my hives ,? chilled.. but still dead.
I wasn't insinuating push them up his nose, but to say politely... this is what is happening... reiterate the request for a phone call to help the bees.

Maybe farmers near my out apiary in South more helpful and polite as they do phone me. I have great relationship.. but if they didn't I would be furious.. and let them know it.

Not deceit, bees dead... Why?.. don't know.. discuss!

Surely, if you wanted to prove a colony has been killed by something a farmer has done, you'd pay to have dead bees tested to find out how they had died?

If it was a non pesticidal spray, then no proof, but they can be lost by soaking.

Is irrigation a problem now ?
A bit early yet as potatoes are still being planted here.

Latest posts

Back