Honey and Lemon

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris B

Queen Bee
Beekeeping Sponsor
Reaction score
Hive Type
Langstroth
Number of Hives
Okay you all know about this anyway. I'd just forgotten how effective it is.

The way I've been doing it: a big dessert spoonful of honey and a thick slice of lemon in a mug of boiling water. I almost feel human again.

(The irony is my cold was on the mend until yesterday I went out in cold damp weather to check stores on a few hives, and now it's worse than ever).

This year for the first time as I have some I have been making that recipe up with heather honey and it seems to smooth the throat and help the breathing, in the mind or not its my usual cold cure along with what we were eating on Saturday Chris

Okay you all know about this anyway. I'd just forgotten how effective it is.

The way I've been doing it: a big dessert spoonful of honey and a thick slice of lemon in a mug of boiling water. I almost feel human again.

(The irony is my cold was on the mend until yesterday I went out in cold damp weather to check stores on a few hives, and now it's worse than ever).

I never use those Lemsip type drinks as they don't work and taste awful.

Big spoon of honey and I use lemon juice from a fruit or the concentrated stuff used for cooking. The missus doesn't like lemon juice, so she uses lime. Very nice, too.

i tried warmed whiskey and honey.
after a few i didn't care that i was ill.

Just honey on its own always works for me but if you want a real cure make some or befriend someone who makes rosehip syrup.

Honey on some warm toast sprinkled with cinnamon.....:drool5:

Latest posts

Back