Bee sting remedy - hot water

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got one on the throat yesterday morning. My fault; must have been on veil as I pulled it down and I felt it walk round and get trapped.

I had taken one Piriton before I went out in case as I had to go to a family do, but as this was right in the throat, I took another, but the reaction was mild. Probably as I got the sting out immediately, had taken one already and was well hydrated.

Thought is update on this. Got two stings yesterday, one on each forearm. I bought a version of the aspevenin to experiment with and once I got inside I frantically sucked away at the sting site, some fluid came out but not sure how much of it was venom. Woke up this morning to the usual mega uncomfortable itching that drives me mad, not quite as swollen as normal but early days. I did however just go and use a hot compress as suggested and the itching is all but gone!! A great tip!

Only had one bad sting so far(all have been my fault through squashing the poor things) the last one was on my thigh and spread alarmingly. I had applied the wrong ointment, I usually use Anthisan for bites and stings. I don't like taking antihistamine tablets but did for this one and regretted it as I was groggy for two days.

Back