Cut comb honey

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, thanks for that.
So, any more ideas on price both retail and trade. The general opinion seems to range from £5 - £6.50 (retail). I would like to know both please as I cannot sell from home, so would need advise shops on the rrp.
I will be putting it in a plastic container and then sliding that into a rather nice looking cardboard box.

I will be putting it in a plastic container and then sliding that into a rather nice looking cardboard box.

Aaah, you've chosen to use the old ones, with the ill-fitting lids and the occasional hole. :)

Ok, thanks for that.
So, any more ideas on price both retail and trade. The general opinion seems to range from £5 - £6.50 (retail). I would like to know both please as I cannot sell from home, so would need advise shops on the rrp.

you have the answer already with your e bay link, you could receive a 100 different advice on prices, yet only you can decide the price

take into account your outlay on packaging,labels
take into account your time in getting it from hive to packets
if your going to sell to shops, for them to then sell on, you'll need to allow them to make a profit too

Aaah, you've chosen to use the old ones, with the ill-fitting lids and the occasional hole. :)

I use them and find no problem, but keep up the bad press - before long big T's will be paying me to take them off their hands. I find them far more presentable than the new crystal ones

I use them and find no problem, but keep up the bad press - before long big T's will be paying me to take them off their hands. I find them far more presentable than the new crystal ones

I've tried and rejected them in favour of the newer style.
Even at T's sale prices, the old ones aren't much cheaper (but they may yet give you some to get rid of the last of the old stock - though that might still be years away. :) )

However, I have no problem in admitting that I do like the cardboard sleeve presentation. IIRC, when T's introduced the new style, there was mention of a cardboard sleeve to suit the altered shape 'coming soon' or somesuch.
When (if?) they are offered, I certainly will be buying some.

But the old tubs are a bit 'poor' - in my personal judgement. Others (like yourself) that have compared them with the new style are of course free to come to their own conclusions!

Originally Posted by jenkinsbrynmair

Not sure what you mean by crystal ones?

Latest posts

Back