Just wanted to thank the forum for existing

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nige.Coll

Drone Bee
Beekeeping Sponsor
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
some + a few more
Forgive the silly title but I didn't know what else to call it.
Like the title says I just wanted to thank the forum and members for being here.
After inspecting the two hives today that I thought were going to die they are both now on 5 frames of brood and seem to be acting more like bees and less like zombees. :) A major turn around from 2 weeks ago.

It's a long story and I won't bore you with the details other than crops being sprayed followed by colonies just stopping dead in their tracks not foraging not drawing comb doing nothing. After trauling the internet and ringing some people I thought I knew what happened.
A few pints of thymolated syrup later and they have returned to active duty .:)

A special thanks to Hivemaker sorry if your dinner went a bit cold the night I rang you in a panic.

Who would of thought fungicide/herbicide could knock bees for six..

sorry if you think this is a daft post just wanted to say thanks without the forum both colonies I am sure would have died.

Not a daft post at all, Nige.

I'm sure hundreds, thousands agree with you.

Tho the Forum can get stroppy an heated at times, it really is a good community of concerned, compassionate (and passionate!) people.

Does a lot of good.

And Admin and Hivemaker do a good job moderating it.

Dusty

Last edited:
I have 2 hives that are grateful they are alive.
My worst nightmare was telling the farmer his hives had failed but mine were ok.
It's been a hard learning curve this year but i think i have done ok.
Hivemaker was my last resort as my mentor had no idea.
This forum has a wealth of information if you look hard enough.
It can be hard place to be if your thin skinned but most mean well.
thinking is the best way of learning this craft and most things happen for a reason.

Latest posts

Back