What did you do in the 'workshop' today

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Made two roofs. Now I have the cutting list sizes right its full steam ahead. Need to source some metal for the roofs now...

Last night - made up another super and twenty shallow frames. This is getting worrying: I'm getting seriously short of kit, now making up stuff which is my reserve emergency kit - the chamber of secrets is looking astonishingly bare

Put another stack of supers on the bees they have found the balsam. Going to have to put my emergency supers together I think.

Almost finished making a scythe blade, only the final sharpening to do

Last edited:
Judging by the number white bees mine already have.
Most of the supers are full-ish and waiting to be capped. I'll have to look in and see if they need more room.

I cleaned out my honey room ready for next weekends extracting.

Tried my UHU POR to stick together my broken poly super - seems to have worked. Put a hive in an out apiary.
Now out of kit - waiting for more to arrive tomorrow. Forgot to include QXs. Grrrhhh. Need a sale!

Made two roofs. Now I have the cutting list sizes right its full steam ahead. Need to source some metal for the roofs now...

I buy the reclaimed aluminium sheet from Frag Planet as its easy to trim and fit to the box lids using a staple gun. Get a few at a time to save postage.

You left your tap running, nice set up Craig, I have to wait for my wife to go to BINGO before I sneak into the kitchen with my extractor.

Lol the tap was rinsing out a filter. I made the terrible mistake of getting the kitchen very, very sticky after that the wife was only too happy for me to build the honey room ;-)

Lol the tap was rinsing out a filter. I made the terrible mistake of getting the kitchen very, very sticky after that the wife was only too happy for me to build the honey room ;-)
That's the secret, get everything covered in honey, I don't think I'll try that knowing my wife I'll end up on the streets with my extractor and wearing a few honey frames :biggrinjester:

Too much so i couldn't do any bee stuff.

Started to make up the kit I got last weekend.

Got some more super frames and a couple of supers to sort out - once I get my head round the instructions, that is.

Andy

Latest posts

Back