Heather& balsam= cut comb??

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
... cut comb £6.00 but I'm pricing it by weight this year as some boxes come up nearly 10oz

Don't tell anyone you were warned, but that COULD POSSIBLY lead to problems re the non-use of "stamped" scales.
My understanding of the weights & measures stuff is that things might get different between pre-packing consistent and individual weights.
Hence its something I'm reluctant to do.

We shouldn't be adding honey to the cut pieces. I know the proportions are the wrong way round, but one is knocking on the territory of 'chunk honey'.

FWIW, I've been cutting the whole comb out of the frame onto a perforated stainless catering pan (over another, same size but unperforated). And then cutting the 'standard size' bits in the perforated pan. Big offcuts go into jars for chunk honey. Small mess and the drainings in the pans go into a honey bucket until I feel like filtering them.

I like the lids on those jars, where from?

what do you sell an 8oz for?
I've been selling at £3.50 plain honey
£4.50 chunk honey
to cheap, to dear???

Too cheap oh dear!

8 oz hex jar runny and set £4.80

Cut comb by weight in CWJ/Maiseie/etc cut comb carton from £3.50 to £6 sold by weight.
Did 50 cartons last season as an experiment as local "grow local" coop said would not sell as their customers only wanted clear honey in 1lb jars......
20 boxed up for our local honeyfair... sold in a couple of hours, couple of weekends later at another local food fair two day event, sold out on first day!

What would you expect to pay for a "table" at a farmers market / food fair?

Small farmers market... £8 / day (4 foot table)

Medium producers market £20 / day ( 6 foot table)

Larger high profile events £80 to £100 / day ( ten foot x 8 foot pitch )

Have not ventured the other side of the Tamar eventwise in recent years as we can sell everything we produce locally!

Yeghes da

What's happened to all the photos? I missed this thread first time round and, having just discovered it thanks to the sneak, I was getting ready to drool over all the beautifully presented comb, chunk and runny - and they've all gone!!!:hairpull:

Latest posts

Back