This might sound silly but

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you know a drug addict that's all they think about is where they are going to get the money for their next fix, they usually bleed their families dry and then turn to crime so that's why they should have their collars felt

I agree and have seen quite a large number of families suffer at the hands of alcoholics and sadly I've even seen it with many natural body builders who I've trained with throughout the years, they have bleed their family dry, stole from them and even stole from work just so they could buy them extra few steaks and chicken fillets so they could gain that extra LB of lean muscle mass and I'm 100% serious when I say this. So while were at it, sure we'll ban chicken fillets and steak because some idiots don't have self control over themselves, same for alcohol but my friend, you and I know that ain't going to happen.

What's wrong with people smoking themselves into fairyland! If one isn't harming anyone then why is there any need to "have their collars felt"

I do understand you are very biased but biased always van be changed with the 'proper' education

So in the end then, all the sh.... you've been pushing on this thread has got nothing to do with using cannabis to benefit mankind but simply you want to push yourself further into Lala land but without being branded a lawbreaker.
And i don't need any of your 'proper' education (ie 'pretend science' read from the online version of the Beano) and my bias isn't very biased. But as part of my research in preparation for doing educational talks in schools and for the European youth parliament i looked at both sides of the story.

And if you want a high then follow your argument and use something that is already legal albeit for another purpose

In the words of Bryn Cartwright in that great filum Twin Town

'Buy yourselves a big can of sticky-sticky, and f*ck off to Noddyland. '
i.e

glue is legal, so sniff that :D

Last edited:
Not at all - just a demonstrastion that you can't just pick and choose to suit yourself

And you don't see the distinction between vilifying a relatively harmless but illegal recreational drug and a perfectly legal, but potentially lethal misuse of solvents??!

W s a
So in the end then, all the sh.... you've been pushing on this thread has got nothing to do with using cannabis to benefit mankind but simply you want to push yourself further into Lala land but without being branded a lawbreaker.
And i don't need any of your 'proper' education (ie 'pretend science' read from the online version of the Beano) and my bias isn't very biased. But as part of my research in preparation for doing educational talks in schools and for the European youth parliament i looked at both sides of the story.

And if you want a high then follow your argument and use something that is already legal albeit for another purpose

In the words of Bryn Cartwright in that great filum Twin Town

'Buy yourselves a big can of sticky-sticky, and f*ck off to Noddyland. '
i.e

glue is legal, so sniff that :D

And they say dope smokers are 'supposed' to be very aggressive! Lol.

JBM, were having a debate about the effects of cannabis so no need for that awful outburst from you.

Just for the record, I dont smoke the stuff however I don't fall for all the negative bullsh1t that surrounds this wonderful plant.

As for your 'beano' reference to me, listen I'll be the first one to throw my hands up and admit I'm not the brightest spark in the fire, in fact I'm just a thick f***er from north Belfast who grew up in a war torn area and was failed by both governments, hence why I'm a thick f****r who cant use big fancy words like yourself and wasn't born with a silver spoon in my mouth like you. Anyhow, you've derailed the thread abit with your outburst so back to my point about this wonderful plant.

On another note, if this drug is so bad then tell me why a more powerful psychoactive drug is legal to grow and have on you that's called salvia divinorum. I'll tell you why because it isn't a threat to the textile/pharmaceutical/fuel industries. Its just you old folk are set in your ways and can't see the wood from the trees because of your biased views

Bad Drug Trips Compilation - salvia divinorum - YouTube

http:// Bad Drug Trips Compilation - salvia divinorum - YouTube

Last edited:
And you don't see the distinction between vilifying a relatively harmless but illegal recreational drug and a perfectly legal, but potentially lethal misuse of solvents??!

I see the distinction but i will dispute the 'relatively harmless' comment but the statement
perfectly legal, but potentially lethal
could be said for both if cannabinoids were declassified - abuse is abuse whether it's glue, hairspray narcotics or partial strangulation (with or without orange).I agree that solvent abuse is a terrible thing but a lot of this kind of abused stems from people deciding that 'a bit of puff' didn't hit the right spot.
It wasn't at a whim that cannabis was reclassified class B after being downclassed to C

As for silver spoon - don't make me laugh IG the old man died in 1982, iwas just gone 15, my brother 12 and sister 7. We lost everything, had to sell our house and moved into a council house (great neighbours, salt of the earth and still live only five minutes walk from them) all my school holidays were spent working on building sites and I helped my mother make ends meet until I was in my mid twenties and she remarried.
Anyway, made the same mistake again with this clown. now where's the ignore button?

Time this thread was consigned to the cupboard under the stairs methinks - it's got B*gger all to do with beekeeping

Last edited:
Please stop Derek. You're being obnoxious. I would never make such accusations against your politicians, or against ours.

The high end criminal drugs business has all the resources money and to do this covertly through legitimate lobbying groups.

Just like any big business in the U.S. They would be stupid not to.

It doesn't take that much money to make U.S. politics protect an interest. Just research the Pro-Israel lobby and action commitees. This an example on public record where funding, on both sides of the houses, of politicians in the early stages of their careers works to ensure an interest is protected at great cost. There are others in agriculture, oil etc...

rather na silly argument really - how does the fact that alcohol has harmful effects make cannabis OK?
As we say in Welsh

'Brawd Mogi yw tagu'

it gets to absurdity with E .. a drug whose dangers are around the same level aspirin.
yet is a class drug collecting the highest penalties

Please stop Derek. You're being obnoxious. I would never make such accusations against your politicians, or against ours.

Apologies, not the intention to be obnoxious, Its just the way it is... The U.S. political system, at moment, leaves its self open to manipulation by anyone with money and the wit to use it. e.g. U.S. senators spend 75% of their time fund raising, Another, a measure of success of a U.S. politician is how much money they raise.
They don't have to be culpably corrupt to be influenced, they only have to be human. And because the U.S. is a world power it will be a target for those who wish to influence globally

You don't need even to influence politician directly ... Just make sure that the politicians that ,independently, have a view that you would like to succeed, have the money to win. No politicians views changed, no corruption, just some views i.e. pro war on drugs, win elections.
You should read some British history there is worse in there. Opium wars, Rotten boroughs, slavery... .Its taken numerous revolutions, civil wars to get our system here and we are still not finished.

Last edited:
My ex was a drinker, a nasty one too. Drink ruined my family, I would rather be around a pot head any day - if I had to choose that is. Just my two pence worth.

Sadly, in society there are the hapless cases, always have been, always will be. For every example of long term damage there is the opposite, someone who holds down a job, is your average everyday person.
Cannabis is harmful to your health, the very fact that smoke is drawn into the lungs proves this. OTOH, your liver wasn't intended to process alcohol. Some interviewee once said something along the lines of not needing to add another problem to the existing menace of alcohol. That makes far more sense and is a little more palatable than any ridiculous scare story of long term affects and other such nonsense. I don't care what anyone says, this stuff is not freaking LSD.
I've been around both and I know which is the real problem. Agree with Hivemaker, if we must have classification, let's start with alcohol and put it in its rightful place at the top of class A.
Those who choose to unwind at the end of the day should be free to do so, whether it be with a glass of wine or a fat one. Far be it for me to dictate to others....

Well ladies and gentlemen, having seen this thread get quite heated and some friendships on this forum become a little 'strained'. I thinks there lies the answer as why cannabis is not legalised at the moment. The pro and cons are too far apart and if there is such contention on this forum I would imagine it would be worse in a political forum.
Nothing will move until it is deemed safe to do so.
Perhaps the argument is best left for another day so tempers can cool and friendships stay intact?
Not like me to serious I know. Well done boys and girls. ;):):)

Well ladies and gentlemen, having seen this thread get quite heated and some friendships on this forum become a little 'strained'. I thinks there lies the answer as why cannabis is not legalised at the moment. The pro and cons are too far apart and if there is such contention on this forum I would imagine it would be worse in a political forum.
Nothing will move until it is deemed safe to do so.
Perhaps the argument is best left for another day so tempers can cool and friendships stay intact?
Not like me to serious I know. Well done boys and girls. ;):):)
Chill out, it gets better by Oxalic time :D

It does not make cannabis OK, but neither does it make alcohol okay, in comparison alcohol should be a class A drug, as it does much greater harm, that is all.

There seems to be a lot of harmful effects of cannabis missing from that list. Links to depression and even schizophrenia being a couple

Latest posts

Back