Feeding..Is it any Wonder.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Feed, feed and feed until they take no more, and then feed feed and feed again in the Spring!

I put on an extra brood box with undrawn frames at the end of August when the feeding begins, these drawn out frames filled with best cane sugar and like gold dust when making up the Spring rush of Nuc boxes.

Never buy the heavenly processes inverted feed products, far too expensive, sugar is nearer the bees natural nectar sources!

James

Problem solved.............lets not bother with bees at all.
Next year I'm going to sell jars of syrup..:winner1st::hurray::hurray:

I am afraid to say I find beekeeping full of lots of very pleasant and knowledgeable people .. but often their learning appeared to stop about 15 years ago..and much of it (matchsticks) etc is carp.

If the BBKA wanted to win some much needed credibility, they should issue up to date guidelines.

But alas their monthly production is just as bad.. full of outdated and often contradictory rubbish..(but also some good stuff)

(The existence of this forum - and its size vis-a-vis their own - just shows how far behind the curve the BBKA are. They are frankly a disgrace and an embarrassment.)

Rant over.
The strong contrast in behaviour between the old school Beekeepers and their bees , bees who are always inquisitive looking for new sources and new habitats

Feed, feed and feed until they take no more, and then feed feed and feed again in the Spring!

Spoken like a true beekeeping dinosaur - not on the BBKA executive are you?

drawn out frames filled with best cane sugar

Oh dear - and still under the misapprehension that there's a difference between cane and beet - a fallacy that was disproven between the two world wars

Spoken like a true beekeeping dinosaur - not on the BBKA executive are you?

Oh dear - and still under the misapprehension that there's a difference between cane and beet - a fallacy that was disproven between the two world wars

Comes up every year as we know.

You would think the internet and Google did not exist.. let alone the search facility on this forum.When I started beekeeping, I learned about cane vs beet sugar in my first couple of months reading.

Comes up every year as we know.

You would think the internet and Google did not exist.. let alone the search facility on this forum.When I started beekeeping, I learned about cane vs beet sugar in my first couple of months reading.

Ohh!!

between cane and beet

I thought it was a reference to schoolteachers... :paparazzi:

Latest posts

Back