Bee vac

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree its portable like mine but the one you mentioned as still got to have a power source so still carrying 2 pieces of eqipment around

One bit of kit (the beevac) and a power source (battery) or beevac, vacuum cleaner and a 240v power source - Bit less hassle than lugging a portable generator - or an extremely long extension lead!

Separate from all the other stuff - and your vacuum look amazing - I read somewhere that there is less damage to bees if the tube is smooth.

my first suction resulted in no fatalities when I swapped the frames from vac to nuc 2 days later... very impressive, and it looks professional when you see how easy it is, especially when there's always an audience watching. :spy:

Just seen it on Ebay. or it is absolutely rubbish or the community gave the creator a lucrative idea!

Just seen it on Ebay. or it is absolutely rubbish or the community gave the creator a lucrative idea!

Not sure what that means, personally I like the idea and have ordered one. It will suit my needs perfectly. If the maker can make a quick buck out of something that I am prepared to buy then good luck to him.
It is en route to me at the moment so watch this space, I can certainly vouch for efficiency in making it and delivery!
E

No negative implications intended... just saying that it is now on ebay. If it is by the original creator then this site has given him a platform/motivation to sell them (wich is great). If one of you guys ordered it and is flogging it on, it must be crap!

No negative implications intended... just saying that it is now on ebay. If it is by the original creator then this site has given him a platform/motivation to sell them (wich is great). If one of you guys ordered it and is flogging it on, it must be crap!

The clue is in the user name! Go back and have a look. The seller has not done a self promotion.

Give me a break guys i made a one off for a friend he was well happy with it they do cost alot to make and petrol and time ive put into it why not sell them i wasnt goin to till people asked me for them i take great proud i my work and ok theres goin to be a few people that i cant please but anyone is more than welcome to have a go with the vac ill even make you a cuppa tea coffee why the negitive comments is behond me if you dont like the idea then thats fine weve all different ways of working

I made it for him he told me to join this forum as he had put a thread on here about it and said people were asking so i joined up have i done wrong not sure sorry if ive bothered anyone by making these as i didnt mean to tread on peoples toes as im not like that

I made it for him he told me to join this forum as he had put a thread on here about it and said people were asking so i joined up have i done wrong not sure sorry if ive bothered anyone by making these as i didnt mean to tread on peoples toes as im not like that

Steve

You have not done anything wrong - there are some miserable s@ds on this forum and there are others who misunderstand anything that's possible to misunderstand. Making one or two of these bee-vacs, I think you will struggle to make money @ £90 each but of you are able to go into production in batches of say 10, you should do all right - good luck to you!

What do you think about making a vac capable of taking 14x12 frames? Any significant increase in cost? ABM will be able to give you dimensions of the 14x12 frame.

CVB

Steve

You have not done anything wrong - there are some miserable s@ds on this forum and there are others who misunderstand anything that's possible to misunderstand. Making one or two of these bee-vacs, I think you will struggle to make money @ £90 each but of you are able to go into production in batches of say 10, you should do all right - good luck to you!

What do you think about making a vac capable of taking 14x12 frames? Any significant increase in cost? ABM will be able to give you dimensions of the 14x12 frame.

CVB

i work aswell thats the thing so have to make these in my spare time i could do batches of them but that not bring the cost down what would you consider as the right price then its the parts thats the problem as everything is so expensive to buy even bulk buying now days you dot get a hugh discount

yep i could make them for 14x12 frames thats not a problem it would cost about an extra few quid thats all so not alot extra

ill put this out there then what do you guys think is a fair price for this vac is

do a search online price the parts up that are in the pictures also time and driving around youll see there isnt much profit being made maybe ill not sell many but them i do ill offer a full refund if your not happy i cant be fairer than that

I'll jump in - I think at £125 it's a well-priced bit of kit. If that puts a few quid in your pocket as profit then that's fine - no point not making a few quid.
Your market is in 2 parts - beekeepers who buy it for their own use, and beekeeping associations for their role as local swarm collectors. You could mail shot by email all associations - but stagger it so that you don't get more orders than you can handle. Then fill in the gaps in production with ebay sales. If orders get too high put your price up.

Latest posts

Back