Bee vac

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abm

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
a good friend made me this 5 days ago, its had 2 swarms through it already.......

really makes lite work too.

the suction is controlled via the valve on the side.

I think he could sell them! How much to make one?

Hi everyone its me thats been tinkering making the vac
This is version number 3 ABM ask me if i could make a vac not to heavy that could also in use could still have frames inside after alot of messing about and head scratching and searching for quality parts this is the end result martyn will tell you if im not happy then i will improve but got to say it works fantastic martyn used a henry hoover push into to bottom adaptor then the top pipe is were you use it to collect the swarm it as a vent on the side that can be opened to regulate the pressure the hose that is used is smooth bore so no damage to the bee what so ever
The clamps on the side are adjustable also like i say ive not used cheap parts most of the fittings are stainless steel

the mesh on the bottom is aluminum any questions im here to help please contact me

like i say ive spent alot of time on this searching and making adjustments this was a one off for ABM but ill gladly make more if theres any interest many thanks for the kind comments ive been interested for along time in bees but only just started helping martyn ive the brains hes got the looks :icon_204-2:

I use the aldi ash collector but your device is something else , well engineered and to a high build quality !
I like it a lot .
VM

brilliant and the finish as my dad would say "like a piece of furniture"

I think you could make some money on these - what sort of price would you charge to make me one?

Well for the time and effort applied, these have to be worth £90.

The motor of choice is what ever hoover you choose to use, this kit is merely a box to house bees.

The hoover pipe of choice goes in the bottom hole, the suction then collects the bees into the box and not the hoover as the floor has a mesh bottom.

On mine i had 4 frames in so the bees i collected had an appealing surface to go to.

Looks great, might be asking you for one of these one day in a few years, when we have more experience! You should definitely think about selling them :)

Im happy to help out on that £90 u get everything except the hoover as me wife would kill me lol
im not making avast amount on these but i like to keep busy making things like i say i make nucs aswell in the same design as above
anyone is very very welcome to come try before you buy if you want to contact me

Thank you so much for the kind words everyone it surely gives me a feel good factor

I went to a lecture at the Welsh convention a few years back - it was all about making or adapting your own kit - he had something similar - box with clips the same as yours but the bottom part was also the suction chamber. He had used a fan from a car air blower system in the box with a rheostat fitted so he could vary the suction generated - the beauty of that vac was it was totally portable - bee vac and 12v battery and you could collect a swarm everywhere - he had actually collected a swarm 30 ft up a tree by linking together a load of domestic waste pipe and upping the revs a bit with the fan.

I think a friend went to the same talk, but when he mentioned the technique on the local association googlegroup he was denounced as a bee-murderer! That's Wales for you!

but when he mentioned the technique on the local association googlegroup he was denounced as a bee-murderer! That's Wales for you!

No, that's West Wales - A lot of them still haven't accepted the Gregorian calendar yet! :D

I agree its portable like mine but the one you mentioned as still got to have a power source so still carrying 2 pieces of eqipment around

Latest posts

Back