Varroa

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karsal

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
3 Pay*es Poly Hives 7 Poly Nucs
Do wasps suffer from varroa or any sort of parasite like varroa?

Have a search for Karols threads, she has posted some excellent info about wasps. I only read them yesterday. I think it's the wasp bane thread.

Have a search for Karols threads, she has posted some excellent info about wasps. I only read them yesterday. I think it's the wasp bane thread.

Karol is a he! ;)

Sadly, nothing that causes them harm ... they are more or less bulletproof ! That is until some silly sod finds a microbe in the Amazon basin that kills mega wasps and introduces it into the rest of the world as a wasp eradicator ...

Sadly, nothing that causes them harm ... they are more or less bulletproof ! That is until some silly sod finds a microbe in the Amazon basin that kills mega wasps and introduces it into the rest of the world as a wasp eradicator ...

Before discovering that it kills every single other insect . . . as well as sheep, cows and birds whilst spreading new diseases.

One day, maybe:

http://www.radionz.co.nz/news/national/242237/study-looks-at-using-mite-to-kill-wasps

....the wasps become infested by the mite and develop wing deformities.

An Auckland University scientist discovered the mites during a study of the chemical ecology of European wasps.

The mites appeared to attach to wasps with their mouthparts and were located in areas difficult for the wasps to groom.

In addition, wing deformation was apparent in infected wasp nests, and heavily-infected wasp colonies collapsed.

Last edited:
Back